Monday, December 24, 2007

The Christmas "Tag"

Cookie tagged me, so even tho I'm a little late, here's my answers.


1. Wrapping or gift bags?
Wrapped, of course! That's the one part I really like...wrapping gifts.

2. Real or artificial tree?
We used to always cut down a cedar. But we've had a fake tree for 6 years now...and guess what? They drop their 'needles' too!

3. When do you put up the tree?
I'm damn lucky to get the tree up by Christmas Eve! Usually the weekend before Christmas. Hey, why rush things?

4. When do you take the tree down?
Now that I'm punctual about! On New's Years Day, usually while watching the Rose Parade.

5. Do you like egg nog?
Adore it! But I have to cut it with some 2% milk and add a good glog of Kaluha.

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
Wow, that's a tough one. I did get a lot of mileage out of my Mattel "Incredible Edibles" kit. (Mmmmm, butterscotch spiders! I can still taste them.) Chatty Cathy is a good runner-up as was the Irish Mail-I could really haul butt up and down the block in that baby.

7. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes. But for some reason Joseph and the Wise Guys are outside the stable checking out a little model custom Harley chopper.

8. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
Oh, my dear friends, there are so many! Probably the electric can opener. Oh! No wait-the "Welcome Back, Kotter"/ Horshack T-shirt my uncle sent me when I was 15. I was aghast. Sick, almost.

9. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards?
Both, I maybe a hilljack, but this IS the 21st century, after all.

10. Favorite Christmas movie?
"It's a Wonderful Life" 'nuff said.

11. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Just before I get the tree up. Maybe about 2 weeks before, if I think about it.

12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Mexican wedding cookies.

13. Clear lights or colored on the tree?

Clear. I'm funny that way.

14. Favorite Christmas song?
It ain't Christmas until I blast the Ronettes version of "Sleigh Ride" on the stereo. That gets me in the spirit every time.

I'm taggin' Lem , Patrick and Walker
(and it's ok if your answers are late, kids.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home