Friday, March 17, 2006

This Just Ain't Right-Period!

I'm hoping this idea never sees the light of day. This is from the latest issue of our local rag.
I know it was contrived by "well meaning" government types, who just want to protect the food supply. (snicker) But it raises some very serious constitutional issues. I wished I could have attended this meeting.

Are you ready for 8 dollar a pound hamburger? Chicken legs at 6 bucks a pound? That very well could happen. The agri-biz will have to pass the ridiculous costs of this program on to the consumers. And forget about raising your own to cut cost...you'll be breaking the law if you do.

As one attendee said: “We have God-given rights that are constitutionally guaranteed in this country.This is just another step in the destruction of our ability to feed ourselves.

Gosh, Gun Control is working so well here, let's try to do the same with our livestock!

When backyard chickens are outlawed, only outlaws will have backyard chickens.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lemuel Calhoon said...

I guess that the governments in Europe and the Middle East looked like they were having so much fun with the cartoon riots that they just wanted to do something to start some here.

3/17/2006 10:38 PM  
Blogger white trash republican said...

Well, by gum they'll be prying my chickens from my cold dead hands if they want 'em!
Seriously, though, this does bug me.
There's no way they can enforce this on the small timers like myself. It's got boondoggle written all over it.

(my comments are showing as are yours here.)

3/17/2006 10:45 PM  
Blogger Lemuel Calhoon said...

It looks like the comment glitch is solved. I guess blogger was still hungry after eating Fits' blog.

3/18/2006 2:16 PM  
Blogger white trash republican said...

(well maybe that was the problem...my rantings gave Blogger indigestion!)

3/18/2006 8:11 PM  
Blogger Lemuel Calhoon said...

Ever notice how blogger sounds like booger? It could be an accident, but I wonder.

3/18/2006 8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home