Monday, April 17, 2006

"24" : Daddy, Don't Hurt 'Im!

Holy Moley, as we start the downhill slide towards the season end, things be's gittin' wilder and weirder. Another nail biter of an hour. But dangit! I really thought Anorexic Audrey was gonna buy the farm tonite, that stunt of cutting her and marching her out like a stuck pig was certainly not a trick Mr. Henderson picked up at some corporate negotiations how-to seminar. But as we see in the previews she survives-dunno how, since it's clear she only has about a half a pint of blood in her to begin with. But anyway...

It was a toughie tonite for favorite scene. We had Chloe making her escape by a quick boost of Greasy's keycard and now it appears that the 'secret agent'/Bond music is her theme, since it popped up again tonite. That made me grin. Then we had the shocking stuck pig thing I just mentioned. And there was Audrey's daddy confronting Loopner and getting him this } { close to signing his resignation. All close but no cigar.

My favorite scene tonite was when Jack passed the evidence on to Aud's daddy and he splits with it and now Jack and Aud have some quiet time alone in that old airplane hangar and Jack assures her that 'it's almost over' when BLAM! in bursts Daddy, 20 kinds of ticked off and before anyone can say "Boo!"- HE SOCKS JACK SQUARE IN THE ADAMS APPLE- dropping the mighty Jack to his knees. Damn! I didn't see that coming...and neither did Jack. The old boy still has a few good chops left in him.
But it was a bad move.Very bad. And as he found out later, he shoulda listened to Jack!

I'm now also convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt that Pres. Loopner is indeed a Dem, based on something he said tonite about the people who elected him not being able to afford gas or to heat their homes--yep, sounded like something a Dem would say.

8 Comments:

Blogger Lemuel Calhoon said...

Logan just about has to be a Democrat. His chief of staff is the same guy that was Palmer's chief of stafff and according to the show's bio of Palmer he was a Dem.

How many times have you heard of a president crossing party lines when he picks his COS?

4/18/2006 4:52 AM  
Blogger white trash republican said...

None come readily to mind-although I'm sure at some time in our nation's history it might have happened. Seems I remember my U.S. History teacher saying something about that,a presidency that tried to have members from both parties involved at some level, but that was many moons ago.
Some of the comments I see on other blogs often speculate as to the party in charge on this show. The Pres. this season whether intentionally or not does vaguely resemble Nixon and at times acts like a cartoon of him as filtered through a Lib's eyes-so one can understand the confusion. But his remark last nite wailing about his 'poor' constituents left no doubt in my mind.

4/18/2006 7:20 AM  
Blogger Joubert said...

I had never see 24 until a few days ago. At the urging of Dee (Little Miss Chatterbox) I got the first season on DVD but I'm not sure if I will watch the rest. I'm too old for that loud incessant music. The storyline is good but having to turn the sound up and down all the time lest I go deaf kind of spoils it for me.

4/18/2006 10:13 AM  
Blogger white trash republican said...

Hmm, that's interesting. I have heard that from others. It may depend on which season and most importantly, the kind of tv you have. I have just a cheap smallish, no name from Walmart, about 5 years old and I have no problem with the sound, musical or otherwise. I've also heard the complaint that the characters "whisper" too much. Maybe that might be the problem. Being a baby boomer,(tail end)my hearing is shot anyway (one too many Jethro Tull, Who and Aerosmith concerts), but I don't seem to have any trouble with this. Now, my in-laws have a whamadyne state of the art big screen tv and I can't stand to be in the same room when it's on-the balance on the stereo sound is all out of whack, imo-background music is so loud and dialogue hard to hear most times. So maybe in this case, old is better!
Audio problems was the one thing I wouldn't have expected!

4/18/2006 1:22 PM  
Blogger Gayle said...

Good review! No... no audio problems here. I absolutely love 24, and I didn't enjoy Jack getting chopped in the adam's apple! Those writers really through in a surprise with that one! My screen is 52", and new, and from WalMart, but I have no problem with the audio.

Logan is a simpering, week-kneed, traitorous fool; therefore he has to be a Democrat; no question about it. :)

4/18/2006 5:41 PM  
Blogger Joubert said...

We've got a big new TV but I think it's the DVDs. I don't like them. They are recorded for deaf people who lip read. The music is too loud and the dialogue too soft. But with 24 it's also the KIND of music they play. Not my cuppa tea but then I never was a sex, drugs and rock-'n-roll guy. Well, maybe the sex and drugs but I'm not nuts about rock.

4/18/2006 6:04 PM  
Blogger Lemuel Calhoon said...

Stick with it Patrick. IMHO the show didn't really hit its stride until the third season.

4/18/2006 11:03 PM  
Blogger white trash republican said...

Yeah, it could be that the DVD's are "re-mastered" or sumpin' to enhance the sound and what sounds good to a geek in the studio may not be the case across the board. This season on tv, seems to utilize all kinds of music genres, depending on the scene.
Sorry you're having a such a time, Patrick. : (

4/19/2006 8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home