Wednesday, April 12, 2006

"By Their Fruits Ye Shall Know Them"

The Born Again Redneck, Patrick has been going off on a tear about the illegal alien issue. If there is anyone who has the street creds to sound off about this, it would be him -having LEGALLY become a citizen many years ago.
On one of his recent posts he had a flyer attributed to the Democratic party that was going around at the protests in the Dallas area. Being a fan of communist propaganda poster art, whether it be China or the USSR, I had to comment about that on his blog on how eerily similar that flyer was to typical commie style "art".
Well, not being the type to have their mouth write a check their butt can't cash, I went off on a search...It didn't take me long at all to find an example. Ok, so it's not an exact duplicate...But ya gotta admit, it does have the same kind of feel about it. Below is the recent flyer in question.



Now, compare that to this oldie but goodie from Communist China:




Now true, the sunray motif was very popular in advertising art in the 30's and 40's-it draws your eye right in. But the Coms had a real love for it. Even the phrase on the Dallas flyer has that cutesy commie ring to it "Let's Work Together!"...The only thing missing is the word "Comrades" which could work either at the start or end of that sentence. One could further expand that phrase to read: "Comrades! Let's work together to defeat the repressive capitalist regime!" Now that would really tip their hand!
This is just a good example of how they are telegraphing just who all are behind this, trying to invoke the spirit and demons of "people's revolutions" of days gone by through their graphics.

UPDATE:
Discovered a few more.


The translation on this one I found amusing: "Government is Established by Guns!"
( Yeah, and once established, it'll take 'em away!)



This one has that ever popular, well worn stock phrase of commies the world around (sing along if you know the words!): "Down with American Imperialism!"

Ok, that's enough for now. I feel a tangent coming on and I better quit while I'm ahead. Got other things to do today.
Oh and in case you're wondering where I'm finding these, it's here.

7 Comments:

Blogger Joubert said...

That's eerie but no surprise. Commie orgs like MoveOn and ANSWER are stuck in the forties worshipping Stalin and Mao. Ugh!

What I want to know is why you are a "fan" of such "art." I find it so ugly but I know I'm a "beauty" snob.

4/12/2006 10:48 AM  
Blogger white trash republican said...

Fair question, Patrick, but kinda tough to answer.

Perhaps 'fan' is the wrong word. Y'know how some people like plastic lawn flamingos or really, really low budget horror movies? It's not that they have ungawdly bad taste and think that stuff is good, but rather they think it's funny, or that by collecting or enjoying such things they are in essence mocking those that think such things have value. Even mocking the very existence of such things in of their own. The old "it's so bad, it's good" type of mindset, I guess.

I know communism isn't funny; it is one of the most barbaric, blood thirsty oppressive political system ever contrived by man. I think what attracts me to the 'art' is the juxtaposition of the image they try to convey through it versus the ugly reality that we all know. These examples that I posted aside, some of the stuff is big, lavish, noticible overuse of the color red and all the citizens protrayed are all happy smiling drones reveling in the Worker's Paradise. The leaders are shown as god-like, personages to be worshipped.The freakish cartoonesque/ realistic style that these posters have intrigues me as well.
I just find it fascinating that the commies expend so much time and effort creating these things and then bombard their captive citizens with it in every public venue. It's a form of brainwashing. 'Never mind your grim reality! This is how it 'really' is: Look! Bright! Pretty! Happy! You are so lucky to live here!'

Jeez...how friggin' sad.

I've never really gave much thought as to 'why' I like this stuff, so I appreciate your question-and was anticipating it coming from you. ; )

4/12/2006 12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unlike you and Donald Rumsfeld, I am not in love with fur!! We've seen this before, in 1988 in Sri Lanka, when several crunchy whales were short-changed by the Cato Institute! (Or is that a secret?) Not even close! I believe, Shady Shrub only wants Branson for the oil. (If only there were oil in Ohio!)I for one applaude the efforts of the transgender dwarves to win equality!!!

4/12/2006 2:24 PM  
Blogger white trash republican said...

Oh Christ...who let the AVM out of the cage?

4/12/2006 2:26 PM  
Blogger Joubert said...

The AVM seems to have a mind of its own.

Gotcha, Liz. I thought that might be the case about the commie art - like gawking at a car crash.

4/12/2006 6:35 PM  
Blogger Lemuel Calhoon said...

I like bad propaganda art as well. Have you ever seen any of the posters that were produced as part of the Soviet Union's construction of the Volga-Don cannal? My favorite is, "Even the horse says FINISH THE CANNAL!"

4/12/2006 9:26 PM  
Blogger white trash republican said...

Hadn't seen them,Lem, but that was all done on the backs of gulag labor, I believe (as was just about any major public works job). Yep, "image" versus harsh reality...the blind absurdity of their P.R. is what attracts me to their propaganda.
Guess I could have just said that instead of a long winded post, but I was thinking out loud there and had never examined the 'why' before.

4/13/2006 8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home