Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Reason for the Season


I know things have been weird lately and I truly cannot recall a time as rancorous and uncertain as nowadays,(although the late 60's/early 70's comes close.)
But in all honesty, in your heart of hearts, would you chose to live anywhere else for the remainder of your days?
I couldn't fathom it...ever.

Australia is about the only foreign country I'd ever care to visit-but only because it's America with a British accent.
Nope, I'm staying right here, thank you very much. The ol' gal is going through some mid-life crisis now and we must do our job as Americans to make sure she don't run off with some silver tongue devil, buy a red convertible and run it off a cliff.
It's almost become cliche' to say this but, dangit- we may have our problems, but really, there's no place like America. It's my Home, and we all know there's no place like home.

GOD BLESS THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
Happy birthday, y'all!

2 Comments:

Blogger Joubert said...

Sadly some would like to run off with some Eurotrash pimp but with no convertible - just a silly Fiat that looks like a lawn-mower.

7/04/2006 1:59 PM  
Blogger Walker said...

Yeah, except unlike a mower, a fiat has to be repaired every six hours and you have to take it to Montreal to do it.

Love ya, WTR, I am with you all the way. God, and I do mean God, Bless America.

7/05/2006 7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home