Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Diary of a Mad Puppeteer


Insanity intrigues me. Not that I ever wish to experience it firsthand. I mean, we all have our moments of lunacy, doing stupid things or just misinterpreting something, but to be truly mad--out there--gone-- stark raving, gibbering gonzo is a frightening thing and something I really don't think any of us can really comprehend. There's something very scary about being trapped in a mind that ain't your own anymore.

One of my little side gigs for our church is being in charge of the monthly puppet skits for the kids. I also operate one of the puppet characters. Guess the church folk recognized my introverted/extrovert hambone and figured I'd be a natural. I don't mind the job. I actually like it, it's fun. One of my duties is to come up with scripts. Sometimes I write them, but most times I just gyp 'em from 'free puppet skit' sites and make adjustments to the scripts as needed. There's one site I frequent regularly that has tons of skits submitted by fellow script writing wannabes, all free for the taking.
It's mostly skits of a religious nature covering any possible subject, a few generic secular ones are found there, too.

Anyhow, I was there tonite and there was one particular author that has submitted tons of scripts that are all very odd and at times disturbing. All give a very bizarre take on God and biblical principals. Most were submitted in 2002 or there abouts. They were authored by a "Joe McPuppet". So I checked his profile. It was incomplete and nonsensical but it gave a blogspot address. Oh Goody, let's go see!

Curiousity always kills the cat.

Joe's blog is a very disturbing study in madness. He's been posting since 2004, 2 years worth of most times incoherent ramblings the likes I have never seen before. It's very difficult to read and the current posts clearly look like he's off the meds again. Randomly clicking through the archives you can see this poor guy almost making sense, or at least being legible, and then crashing into that dark scary place barely able to type a few words-all misspelled. I find it fascinating, but at the same time, creepy.
The guy has alot of anger...mostly directed at God and Christ. And he can be very vulgar and profane. But most times he's just nuts. It's kind of interesting trying to armchair analyze him. Schizophrenic? Bi-polar? Brain damaged? All of the above?
I know I do feel rather unclean after reading some posts. I have an over powering compulsion to take a haz-mat type scrub down shower.
I wonder if he has anyone who knows how truly screwed up he is and if they care? Does he have any family? Or have they shut him out because of his condition.

A mind is a terrible thing.

11 Comments:

Blogger Joubert said...

I'll take a look at his blog tomorrow - but not just before bedtime.

I've experienced madness twice - both times on drugs - once on LSD in the 60s and once on morphine when I had a heart attack last year. Very scary because my faith in a God of goodness and love deserted me.

As you say: "truly mad--out there--gone-- stark raving, gibbering gonzo is a frightening thing and something I really don't think any of us can really comprehend."

Yep - on morphine I felt like all the docs were horrible commies doing evil experiments on me. I won't tell you what the LSD did. I don't want to give you nightmares.

6/28/2006 1:12 AM  
Blogger Gayle said...

I won't go so far as to say a mind is a terrible thing, because I am extremely grateful that I have one; however, I do agree that insanity is very scary and would indeed be hell.

I don't really want to visit this poor guy's blog but you have got my curiosity up, and so I shall, but not for very long, I am certain. And comment there? Not on your life!

Blessings. :)

6/28/2006 8:50 AM  
Blogger Gayle said...

Okay, I went over there and you are right. This guy is really gone. Either he is insane or on drugs or both. It's no wonder he gets almost no comments.

6/28/2006 8:53 AM  
Blogger white trash republican said...

Comments are the least of this guys worries, Gayle!
There's one smartass that has been making comments now and then, but I think that's just someone who stumbled upon this like I did. But they taunt him.
In the archives there was someone who would post for him under the name of Jeremy. Ultra religious and fairly literate, but even those posts read odd which makes me wonder if there's a touch of multiple personality going on there, too.

6/28/2006 9:21 AM  
Blogger Walker said...

...And the guy writes puppet shows.... Great for a schizophrenic.

Once this young woman acquaintance of mine came over to bum a cigarette (in my good old smoking days -- long gone now) and then went up stairs and blew her brains out. Her mother told me later she had sort of developed schizophrenia -- suddenly -- after her boyfriend left her. She said her daughter always felt as if she were wildly orbiting the Earth, coming closer and then ranging far away again. She couldn't take it.

6/28/2006 9:30 AM  
Blogger white trash republican said...

Pat, I was one of those gulible kids in jr. high that actually believed those cautionary (and badly acted) anti-drug films they'd show us in school. So I wisely stayed away from the whole drug thing! But your story sounds typical of what I heard from friends and associates. That stuff could be so unpredictable and scary!

It's hard to tell which is real and which is fantasy with his posts. He alludes to some sort of brain surgery and a near death experience which causes his apostasy but did it actually happen?
Most of his writing is incoherent chicken scratch, but he does have a few goodies if you can weed through the typos-he compares God to some fat guy on his couch in heaven just farting and eating cheetoes watching the rest of us squirm...that got a laugh out of me. But the anger is raw and the madness clear.
Just start in the archives with the 1st posts and then just pop around through the years and you can see this poor guy falling into the abyss.

6/28/2006 9:37 AM  
Blogger Cookie..... said...

In my last vocation...I dealt with the Mentally Ill...and the associated insanity on a daily basis. I found it VERY important to TAKE CARE OF MYSELF first and foremost before dealing with these people...its extremely emotionally taxing...

I'm curious...but I think I'll pass on visiting his site...had twelve years of it...I'll just stick t'cookin and tellin lies thank you.....Cookie...

6/28/2006 9:41 AM  
Blogger white trash republican said...

Cookie, I understand, you've seen stuff that us civilians don't even want to ponder.

Walker, that is just a horrifying tale! Man, you just never know, eh? I take solace in the fact that I truly believe when folks take their lives under those conditions it's not a sin-God knows the whole story and takes mercy on them. But that doesn't make it any easier.

His interest in puppets does make me wonder if he used it at first to mask his craziness or did it just enable it and make it worse, blurring the line between what's real and not?

6/28/2006 10:01 AM  
Blogger Lemuel Calhoon said...

He seems to think that his brain was removed from his body?

He says in his first posts that he is around 20. That is the age that schizophrenia first shows up in men.

I had a friend in his early 20s who just went over the edge. He started acting strange and within a month he was dead.

6/28/2006 5:04 PM  
Blogger Joubert said...

Okay I finally looked at Joe's blog. Another take on him is that he is a commie looking to make Christianity out to be evil. I've seen stuff like this on the net before. That doesn't mean he isn't sick and twisted. It just means he's an evil commie too. Now I need a HOT shower.

6/28/2006 10:11 PM  
Blogger SecondComingOfBast said...

Go to his profile page and you will see that Joe McPuppet is also known as "Pisser"-one of the names he uses to make comments on this blog. You will also see that he has three other blogs, two of which he is a part of a team.

Read a little of these other blogs and you will see an entirely different style of writing. This site is probably meant to be a satire, what you might call black humor disguised as the ramblings of a disturbed mind.

6/29/2006 5:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home