Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Help a Fellow Ecosystem Member!

Miz Bonnie of "Simply Bonnie" has put out a call for anyone who would like to send Thanks or Get Well greetings to our wounded soldiers mending in Germany. She will personally see that the notes and cards get to them, since she's going over there right real soon. Here's what she has to say about her project:

"It is my goal to take a bundle of cards and letters with me to Germany to place in these backpacks, and also to hand out to the soldiers at the Kleber Barracks. I highly encourage anyone interested in supporting our military men and women to write a short note, get well card or the like, and get it to me or Dad by Wednesday, Oct. 4th. You can even enlist your co-workers in this project! It is preferred that they be hand written, but we will gladly accept letters through email, which I'll be more than happy to print out. A simple heading will suffice, i.e., Dear Hero, Dear Soldier, etc. Please remember that although most are American troops, some of these are coalition forces. Also, if you are interested in supporting these men and women in any other way, please feel free to contact me.

We all have an opportunity here to show our military men and women the love of God, and our gratefulness for preserving our right as Christians to live, worship, and thrive in a free country."

"Y'all can send any messages to: Letters4Germany@aol.com "


She'd like to see as many folks and bloggers get in on this as is possible. It's short notice for some maybe, but as she said in her post, emailed greetings are fine.

If ya want alittle back story on her mission you can read about it here.
Pass the word around! Remember, deadline is OCT. 4th!

3 Comments:

Blogger Gayle said...

That's a great project! Thanks for posting this. I'll save the e-mail address to do this when I return home this evening.

9/20/2006 10:42 AM  
Blogger Cookie..... said...

Thanks for posting this Liz....I've sent an E-Mail already...Cookie

9/20/2006 9:22 PM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

Girl, I think I love you. No, no, I KNOW I LOVE YOU! Thank you!

9/21/2006 1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home