Tuesday, October 24, 2006

"A Skunk by Any Other Name..."



(We saw this one coming up the Hudson, didn't we?)


Liberal Radio Network Launches Next Week

PHOENIX — "The co-founders of Air America Radio formed a new liberal talk radio network that promises to promote freedom and social justice, the new company's CEO said Monday.

(I think I heard that phrase in a 3 Dog Night song once...)


Nova M Radio, a Phoenix-based network formed by Air America co-founders Anita and Sheldon Drobny, will make its first broadcast on Oct. 30, said Mike Newcomb, chief executive and chairman of the network.

Shortly before Air America filed for bankruptcy earlier this month, Newcomb said he and the Drobnys made a proposal to take a controlling interest in Air America, but the offer was declined two weeks before the company's reorganization petition was filed.

Newcomb said the new network is a competitor to Air America and that the Drobnys invested in Nova M Radio because they believed in the business model of liberal talk radio and wanted it to continue to grow.

The Drobnys and Newcomb are the principal investors in Nova M Radio and plan to seek additional investors."...
(more here.)

HT: FreeRepublic

"the new network is a competitor to Air America ..." OK, how can you have competition when your "competition" technically doesn't any longer exist and is comprised of the same players, essentially?
Oh, I know I shouldn't think so dang hard first thing in the morning! Especially when trying to figure out the weeble-wobble bubble world that liberals live in.

Some axioms do easily come to mind, though, like:

Throwing good money after bad.
A fool and his money are soon parted.
Don't pee on my shoe and tell me it's raining.
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

I'm sure you all can come up with a few more. Feel free to add your applicable axiom, or even better yet- a suggestion for their launch campaign slogan!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Fish-2 said...

Fish is Over here as Fish-2

For some reason I'm locked out of my own blog. It keeps telling me it's the wrong password, will not send me a link to get back in. Tells me it's the wrong e-mail address, etc. AAARGH!

I've set up another blog "More Ramblin's" as either a replacement if blogger never lets me back in, or as a temporary blog to allow me to post and comment in the event I can reclaim my other blog.

Anyhow, hello again.

Fish

10/24/2006 8:44 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

I have the perfect theme song for the situation.
Unfortunately I'm not techie enough to post an audio so I can't sing it for you.

You'll just have to assume the worst.

hee hee

10/24/2006 9:46 AM  
Blogger white trash republican said...

Oh Fish! Don't you just hate it when a dumb machine tries to tell you that you are not you? Arrgh! How stupid and aggravating!

I bet that's a glitchy left over from the weekend goofiness. If I was of the tin foil crowd, I say Bloggers glitchiness will just get worse and worse the closer we get to the elections...and only for us. The leftard blogs will chug right along without a hitch. ; )

Pam, the only song that comes to mind is "How Can I Miss You When You Won't Go Away?" : )
Was I close?

10/24/2006 10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home