Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Back to the Future

Keeping with the unintentional "retro" theme today, Boing-Boing links to a French art website that has weirdly delightful drawings of what life might be like in the year 2000...by artists back in 1910!

There's about 2 dozen illustrations...here's a few of my favorites:


This would have been handy 6 years ago!



Wow! Roller blades!?



I was struck at how much this actually resembles my own propane fueled computer/webcam set-up! Heh! Betcha they use Vonnage!

5 Comments:

Blogger Joubert said...

Great find.

9/12/2007 2:12 PM  
Blogger white trash republican said...

It is cool, ain't it?
What I find so amusing is that even with all the crude "futuristic" Rube Goldberg-esque contraptions-the fashions are the same as the era they were drawn!

9/12/2007 3:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm fond of the radioactive fireplace, myself. And the airship. Love the airship.

9/15/2007 9:10 AM  
Blogger white trash republican said...

H.H.- I'm with you about the airship!
To hell with a flying car, I want one of THOSE!
(But where to park it?)

9/15/2007 9:21 AM  
Blogger Fish-2 said...

The Harley-Davidsons looked a little more crude than in 2000

9/16/2007 9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home