Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Overheard at the Dollar Store...

This one's a classic! I was at the D/G this evening and overheard 2 women talking over by the computer games-and since I'm pretty darn sure either one of these gals will never, ever read this- I'd like to share this delightfully ig'nert piece of theological insight with you:

"Well, y'know, in the Bible... in Revelations... it tells ya about a little square box inside yer home that sits in the corner and Satan lives in it. Now I usta think they meant the TV, but now I'm a thinkin' it means a computer!"

Yeah... St. John must have forseen Windows Vista or NBC's new season line-up.

(Gawd, I love them 4 square sanctified pentecostal hillbillies! The jokes just write themselves.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathy Keller said...

I remember sitting in a pew before church one day as a roughtly 8-year old child when the weather didn't fit the season (this was in Southeastern Missouri mind you where the weather rarely fits the season) and watching a crone speak with utter authority as she walked down the aisle, "At the end of the world, all the seasons will get mixed up."

For years I though she knew what she was talking about (insert rolling eyes here)

1/04/2006 8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home