Friday, March 03, 2006

Oh, He was Just a Wacky Blowhard...

It seems that the spin is becoming that Hussein really wasn't that big of an orgre afterall.
Sorry, I'm old enough to vividly recall what he did to the Kurds back in what? the 80's? (Gawd, was it that long ago?) The news reports brought tears to my somewhat jaded eyes then.

Michael Totten's post here had me in tears all over again.
The mom in me just totally lost it when he got to writing about the little kids in the Baath prisons, and the messages they left desparately scrawled on the cell walls. Absolutely heartbreaking.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lemuel Calhoon said...

In order for the Left to think the war in Iraq is bad Saddam must have been an at least not so bad guy. This is the box that they've placed themselves in.

I have no pity for them.

3/05/2006 12:44 PM  
Blogger white trash republican said...

They did the same spin with all the leaders and tinpot generals of the VietCong, if memory serves me right.
Same tune, different verse.
Man, they want another 'Nam sooooo bad!
Sick bastards.

3/05/2006 2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home