Saturday, February 18, 2006

Snow Day Entertainment

So we finally got our first real snow last night. About 5" according to the eyeball-o-meter guessitimate. So since we're cooped up for now I thought I'd get up to speed on some of my favorite blogs.
HOLY COW...man, I don't check in for a few days and and all heck is breakin' loose!
I wouldn't call it a cat fight, per se, even though there are women bloggers involved. Hmmm, maybe more like a very public drunken brawl? (Oh dear, I best be careful how I phrase it!)
Anyway, it's been very amusing to read about and I'm but an innocent bystander just tellin' ya about it. Kinda like tellin' your friends about the semi you saw jackknife on the interstate.

I'll try and give you the links in some chronological order here:
It started with a very, very harsh rant over on the The Rottweiller...and I must admit, in my opinion, Misha went just a dab too far-but that's why we love him! (although some of the obscenities he unleashed made my female side squeamish.)
Then a couple days later Misha reported that the "offended party" was threatening to sue and he apologized, in his own special way.
Well, that wasn't good enough or something and now it just keeps getting weirder.
Even more are feeling the backlash of this: like this guy and this gal.
(And she links to a rather interesting commentary on the whole deal at the bottom of her post, which will in turn get another blogger on the sh*t list!)
I hope I got that all right...that's alot o' links to keep straight!

Anyway...if you got nothing better to do this evening and you're bored... crack open a beverage of your choice and go wander about the trainwreck. Fair warning, however-the language used by some parties involved is most certainly NOT PG!
My opinion? (Not that anyone axed,) but methinks Ms. Deb is just a bit too fond of the phrase "blogging out one's a**."

4 Comments:

Blogger Lemuel Calhoon said...

When I first read about this controversy I went to Debbie Schlussel's website to look around. I saw the post about the laser pointers and put up a post on my blog about it. I did this because I have talked over the laser pointer issue with a friend of mine who is somewhat highly placed in DHS and learned that the pointers are no real threat to airplanes. The entire thing is, as I said, a tempest in a teapot. I now regret quoting ANYTHING that Debbie Schlussel said on my blog. I have been on her site and given it a good going over and I find her to be only one or two steps above The Spotlight. She is clearly a charter member of the tin foil hat community and should be avoided by anyone looking for anything except something to laugh at.

2/18/2006 11:42 PM  
Blogger Lemuel Calhoon said...

For some more on this check out
http://shootingmessengers.blogspot.com/

2/21/2006 6:27 PM  
Blogger white trash republican said...

"But if she takes on Moxie, I call dibs on the video rights."

Oh that's rich! Yeah, I'd pay good money to see that...hell, even just the audio!

Tempest in a teapot, true perhaps, but damn! It's so amusing.
The strap to her tinfoil hat is cutting off her air supply.

2/21/2006 8:15 PM  
Blogger Lemuel Calhoon said...

Imagine Moxie and Steve H at hog on ice batting her back and forth like a ping pong ball.

2/21/2006 11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home