Thursday, February 16, 2006

I'll Be Expecting a Phone Call from My Kid's Teacher Any Day Now

Tonight my wonderfully bright 6th grader asked me if I could pull up and print out a photo of Va.Governor Tim Kaine. Actually, that's not what she said.
What she really said was "the eyebrow guy".
When asked why, she said it was for a school project and she was making a poster.
All the images I was able to find of the honorable Gov. Kaine weren't "eyebrow-y" enough for her. After that hysterical and yet oddly mezmerizing display following the State of the Union address, (which we all watched as a family and laughed our collective butts off the whole time, although my youngest did have nitemares that night-having to do with voracious, gigantic wooly bears creeping after her) I thought there would be a plethora of unusual pics of this dude. Nope. Free Republic has a real funny animated one-but being a .gif, I wasn't sure it would print out correctly.
I finally found one that met with her criteria. It was from USA Today. And as you can see, it is a horribly unflattering photo! I'm really shocked that USA Today ran that. Gee, Gov, You kinda look like you had a few before the photo-op!

I'm trying to think who he reminds me of...almost like Red Skelton doing his "Gertrude and Hecliff" bit.
Any how, I don't know what she's got up her sleeve, but I'm sure it will involve my lil' darling exercising her free speech.(Gee, is mockery still covered by that? Or did I miss a memo?)

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathy Keller said...

I'm dying to know what Katy did today. I want details!

2/17/2006 8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home