Tuesday, August 22, 2006

A Bedtime Story for the 22nd


Compliments of the evil geniuses at The People's Cube.

Funny-I had no idea that C.C. Moore had plagerized our now classic holiday prose from the mythical tales of the middle east! Who knew?!

Here's just a sample, from "T'was the Night Before Miraj":

..." With my finger on the trigger, I almost let loose a round
When a flying Bourak then landed on the ground.
Then, what to my wondering eyes should appear,
But the Twelver himself, and the Prophet, right here!

With Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, so wily and slick,
I knew in a moment it wasn't a Jew trick.
More rapid than katushas his rockets they came,
And he whistled, and shouted, hijacked a plane!

"Now Hamas! now, Hezbollah! now, Ba'athist and Sunni!
On, Shia! On, PLO! we're all freaking loony!
To the Zionist state! to the Wailing Wall!
Now kill the Jews, kill the Jews, kill the Jews all!"...


We're still here...so dangit, I guess that means I'll have to pay that Visa bill afterall!

2 Comments:

Blogger Joubert said...

I can just see the MTV video for that song with the mullah's all doing the Michael Jackson moonwalk.

8/22/2006 9:18 AM  
Blogger SecondComingOfBast said...

That's some pretty funny stuff, though it seems to be all too true, unfortunately.

8/22/2006 5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home