Wednesday, October 11, 2006

A Mid-week Wrap-up

Mercy! Here it is already Wednesday. I've been busier than a cat covering crap since Friday down here at the Laughing Dog Ranchero tending to business so I've missed out on alot of excitement and have been trying to catch up here and there when I can.

So, Google's gonna buy out YouTube? Boy Howdy. I, for one, look forward to this merger! Afterall, Google has been such a driving force for free speech in China, I expect no less of an effort now with YouTube under it's ever expanding cyber wing.
Interesting how Google is snatching up all arenas of information and opinion transmission on the innertubes. Blog service, search engine, news, books, and now vids...I wonder how much some lackey like me could make employed as a censor for Google? At the rate they're going, they'll have to ramp up in that part of the biz.

Speaking of YouTube-one of my projects over the weekend was creating a little vid, just so's I could get on the hate list too. But I've hit a snag. My vid program saved it in a small resolution for emailing purposes, so I could send it to some pals for initial review (which, btw...noone has replied...Geez! Did it SUCK that much, guys??!!). But now I can't save it in a larger format suitable for uploading to YouTube. This one is puzzling me. Even renaming the file doesn't help.
So until I can get that straightened out my foray into video jihad is on hold. Dangit!!

Lil' Kimmie Ding-Dong been's showing off ...AGAIN. Here it has been several days and we still don't have a definitive answer as to just what the hell they blew up in the outskirts of the land of Nork. This is most curious. And is leading me to believe all he did was dump a coupla hefty dump-truckloads of ammonium nitrate into some bigass hole, tossed in some bottles of drain cleaner and got all hillbilly on us. The seismic fingerprint is suspect, compared to other known underground nuke detonations-the geology of the region could be messing with the readings, but what do I know? Well, I do know I don't trust this little miscreant weasel boy any further than I can throw him. And I do know what he's doing is yet another bit of misdirection...just like this past July, with that apparently pointless display of severe erectile missile dysfunction. Something is up elsewhere, my spidey sense is telling me, no doubt somewhere in the middle east (isn't it always?!).

The only good this did was to finally get Anderson Cooper out of Darfur! Holy Jumpin' Jeezuz, I was getting so sick of that! Day after friggin' day...like for how long? Seems like a month. Yeah, we get it, A.C., it sucks, it's Bush's fault, baby gorillas are being sold into slavery on the black market, human genocide, starvation, abject horror, misery, pestilance, disease, cats and dogs-living together!...just another day over there...whaddya want me to do about it?! Gawdalmighty. Sorry, I'm an ugly American...my emotional reserve is pegged out right now. I had to just ban CNN altogether. The History channel is much more edifying.
But now we get treated to them going on and on about North Korea...Oy!

The Defoleyation of Washington...oh Christ, I don't even want to go there! I was sick of it in the first 12 hours.
The Dems really thought they had The Perfect Storm with that one- once anyone labels you with the scarlet letter of "P", whether true, implied, or out-n-out false, you're doomed. That's it, game over. There's no way anyone can defend it-the perfect Damned if ya do/Damned if ya don't situation. Bastards.

I've noticed quite a few travel ads popping up, especially on CNN, promoting places in the middle east and there abouts (Egypt, and one of the '-stan' countries,the actual one escapes me at this moment). All pretty, warm fuzzy, scenic, romantic, awashed in a sunny glow...they almost make you wanna call the travel agent...and the ads all end with domes and minarets topped with crescents in the sunset. Oooohhhhh Kay! Uh, cancel that notion!
What up wit' dat? Visiting a predominately islamic country with an ugly American passport in this current world climate has always been a big ambition of mine!..isn't it everyones?

5 Comments:

Blogger Joubert said...

I haven't watched CNN in years but I think I'll come to you for my news roundup in future. That was deliciously snarky.

10/12/2006 12:20 AM  
Blogger white trash republican said...

Ah shucks, Pat. Guess even a blind pig can find an acorn now and then. ; )
I've just been so disgusted with humans as a whole lately. My homeland cynicism level is at blazing red!

If I wasn't such a tightwad I could hop up to the next level and get both Fox AND CNN. Dish Network also has a new 'really cheap bastard level' below the one I'm currently at that has Fox as the only news channel-that one is very tempting-BUT I'd lose the Discovery channel, the History channel and A&E...3 networks we watch alot here. And my younguns would go into D.T.'s from losing the Disney channel.
I don't get why Dish has FoxNews chopped up like that-only in the higher priced levels and at the dirt cheap level, but right at the middle,the basic package, it's not an option. Curious.
Y'know, back in the day-when I had a really huge dish- you could get your channels a'la cart. These new satellite companies don't see any reason to do this. The current method is easier for them. Jeez, I wish we could go back to doing it that way.

10/12/2006 10:07 AM  
Blogger SecondComingOfBast said...

The History Channel is actually doing stories about North Korea? That's interesting. Did somebody spot a UFO flying over Pyongyang?

10/12/2006 10:12 AM  
Blogger white trash republican said...

Oh dear...yes, I messed up there, Pagan.
I realized after I posted that my sentence there would imply that...that's what happens when I just type straight from my noggin. I was still fuming about CNN and their one trick pony show, but I'm certain that History channel will be trotting out some sort of N.K. conspiracy programs from their vault shortly, if not already!

I R but a humble public skool gradjueight.
; )

10/12/2006 11:01 AM  
Blogger SecondComingOfBast said...

Same here. Actually, that reminded me about a post I was going to do about the History Channel once, but never got around to it. Now, I no longer get it, so it wouldn't really be fair. I doubt they've changed that much, though, so maybe I'll still get around to doing it after all.

10/12/2006 2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home