Friday, November 03, 2006

Prez Comes to Town, I Forget to Bake a Cake



Dub blew into town early last night. He's here to stump for Talent. Giving a speech around 9 this morning at the Expo Hall in Springfield.

I thought that was kinda unusual that he showed up the night before. There aren't any really "presidential" digs here in Springfield, so I wonder which hotel he stayed at.
And I certainly hope the Expo Hall is more spruced up than when I saw it last. That joint is a wore out dive.

All the usual media campaign stringers are swarming all over downtown Springfield. Gives the folks something to talk about.

This was an invitation only event, Drat!

Dub's gonna be blasting over to Joplin right after the speech. The Joplin/Springfield hop is a quickie, one of those deals where you barely get your seat belt buckled and *poof* you're getting ready to land. Jeez, I didn't even know Joplin had an airstrip big enough for Air Force One!

Update: Local channels broadcasted the speech live, they just got done. Dub was on fire. Great rousing speech. The Prez spoke for about 40 minutes. As many have pointed out, this is what he should have been doing frequently these past 4 years. When I first started seeing the "campaign-mode" of the Prez a couple months back I wondered aloud "Where has this guy been??"
Dub was preaching to the choir and in friendly territory, so he really shines in those situations.
Really played up the fact that the Dems don't have a clue. "Ask a Democrat," he said, "What's your plan?" He had everyone shouting that outloud by the time he was done with that part. I realize that his speech today was simply a variation on what he probably has been giving these past few weeks, but dang, it was good. No awkwardness, no hemming and hawing or stammering (well, initially there was a some, but once he got rolling he just let everything flow.)
I like seeing Dub like this. We need it. But I'm sorry he just does this for fellow Republicans at campaign time.

I've also updated the pic...Hell, ya can't leave Springfield without a BassPro sticker for your car!

5 Comments:

Blogger Fish-2 said...

I betcha Air Force One has a pretty decent bed on board just for the Pres. It has about everything else you could want. Wonder if I've got enough money in the bank to buy me one of those planes?

11/03/2006 9:20 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

My dad talked about Springfield and Joplin

He grew up near a small town Excelsior Springs

11/03/2006 10:08 AM  
Blogger SecondComingOfBast said...

You mean you weren' invited? Wow, let that be a lesson to you. Aren't you sorry now you criticized him once or twice?

11/03/2006 11:51 AM  
Blogger white trash republican said...

Pagan,
HaHa.
No.
: )
I've heard of Excelsior Springs But not a clue where it's at exactly.

Fish, that spare change adds up after awhile. Keep tossing them pennies in the jar!
Hey...waiddaminute...technically, isn't Air Force ours anyhow? Y'know, us being taxpayers and all that.

11/03/2006 12:16 PM  
Blogger Joubert said...

I never thought about Bush sleeping on Air Force One. I thought maybe he had some very rich friends with a mansion in town.

11/03/2006 5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home