Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Still MIA

Folks, I'm still down...quickly typing this from the local library.
I was finally able to recall all my login info, so I could get on here and post.
No telling how long I will be down. I'm at the mercy of a slacker savant to repair my rig and must abide by his somewhat loose but nevertheless seemingly "busy" schedule. I'll admit it may not be the most optimum method, but he works cheap, is a total genius when it comes to all things computerly, and besides-he's kin.

The experts were trying to tell me I would basically need an all new rig-built by them, of course for a king's ransom and my hard drive would have to be slaved to the new one. I'm no pro from Dover, but that sounded lame as all get out. Computer techs are the new car repairmen of the 21st century...they are counting on your ignorance to weasel you outta some cash. I have a very low opinion of them, at least the yutzes around here.
My resident savant says : Bullshit...all you need is a new CPU.
Yeah...that's what I was thinkin',too, Bucky.
So now I wait for a new part and hopefully I will be back here sometime before the month is out.
Obviously, it's pointless to email me, but at least I can still read & respond to comments on the blog, so go on ahead.
Maybe I can get back into town next week and post.
It's gonna be hit & miss for awhile.
Wish me well...

6 Comments:

Blogger Cookie..... said...

WELL !!! Its truly great to hear that you are OK. Several of us were very concerned about your well being in that we didn't know you had puter problems and thats why you weren't posting...good to hear from ya Missy Liz....

1/02/2007 1:25 PM  
Blogger Fish-2 said...

Computers like many of our modern "conveniences" are wonderful when they're working properly. I have learned to keep my gun in the other room when on the computer though. Too tempted to shoot the thing when it acts up.

I'm glad it was just computer problems though rather than your being kidnapped and held for ransom.

1/03/2007 7:25 AM  
Blogger white trash republican said...

You do know that it is all your fault, Cookie.
; )

Actually it was a bad power supply that shorted out and burned up the CPU. It was quite sudden and very dramatic.
The nervous system is trashed, but the brain (hard drive) is intact...so just a matter of getting parts and getting synced up and I'll be back to ranting and raving.
Fish...I like the ransom notion! Feel free to spread that rumor around.
For the most part I have very few problems with computers...but when I do-they don't screw around...it's always major.

1/05/2007 10:25 AM  
Blogger Joubert said...

I had a hunch it was puter problems.

1/05/2007 3:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to see you back if even on a temporarily limited schedule!

1/08/2007 7:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was me, Kathy. I'm not sure why it didn't give me a slot to identify myself. Anyway, hello again! :-)

1/08/2007 7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home