Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Ain't Nuthin' Queer About Persia (O RLY?)

Alright, so everyone and his or her dog is making a big stink about the lil' Tyrant Who Could remarks at Columbia University the other day about how there's no "gays" in Iran.

After a round of nervous laughter from the useful idiots in attendance at his statement (they most certainly tipped their hand at that and showing THEIR hypocritical homophobia!) there then followed some boos from way in the back that quickly went 'round the auditorium. (Oh crap! We weren't suppose to laugh! "Oh!...Uh,I meant, BOOOOOOOOO!Booooo! What a bad man you are!") That moment in of itself was purty damn funny if I do say so myself.
We all like it when the clueless self righteous make jackasses outta themselves, no matter what side they are on. Human nature.

Of course, one could argue that the reason for the laughter was to ridicule the tyrant sock puppet, because, afterall, what an outlandish statement to make!
Ok, I'll grant you that. That might have been the case with a few folks. But being the cynic I am, I'm opting for the mindless sheeple behavior. So sue me.

I don't spend my entire waking moments online, so I have yet to read a reaction that echoes mine about this. Maybe someone out there feels the same but I'll go out on a limb here and say what my immediate reaction was to Turd Monkey's remark. First, let's go to the tape, as they say:
(compliments of The Israel Project.org who has the full transcript here.)

PRESIDENT AHMADINEJAD: In Iran, we don't have homosexuals like in your country. (Laughter from audience.) We don't have that in our country. (Booing.) In Iran, we do not have this phenomenon. I don't know who's told you that we have it. (Laughter.)

Alright, now what first caught my attention was the words "...like in your country."
He's making a distinct difference twixt homosexuality (and our collective attitudes towards it) in the U.S. and Iran. In the U.S. we have pretty much caved to the radical queer front and just about made it mainstream and acceptable. "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy", anyone? Civic same sex marriages are becoming less and less controversial. I could go on, but you get what I'm talking about. They are not the closet society they once were.
I say this because of what he says right after that. "In Iran, we do not have this phenomenon."
So what phenomenon? I take it to mean the phenomenon of "Gay Rights". The openess, the constant assault to one's senses whenever you traverse any big city street. The flaming, screaming, raging, swishing, prancing, blantant, squealy girly-man metros one encounters. The ones who do nothing to advance their cause, other than to give the rest of us a reason to point and jeer.
THAT'S what I take his remark to mean.
He's not flat-out denying that homosexuals do not exist in Iran, he's alluding that they are NOT out in the open.
Death by hanging from a construction crane with a steel cable noose around your neck will kinda do that to you.

I suspect the homosexual population in Iran must be compelled to be uber-macho. To be constantly overaware, to be in a perpetual state of having to prove "Me queer? No way!!" I daresay it is far more worse there now than it ever was here in the United States decades ago.
And that is extremely more oppressive and evil than just flat out saying that they don't exist. (And, if you ponder that further, could go a long way to explain the overall behavior of middle east menfolk in general. Am I saying the whole mideast is queer? Nope, but you gotta admit they put a high value on being "manly" men.)

Of course, we have to realize that his remarks also went through the filter of a translator. I know translators are suppose to relay the thought word for word, but one can't help but notice, if you were listening, that the lady translator was having a time trying to express the comment. Could it had been that he was saying something far more harsh than what came out? Or maybe she was projecting her bias? Who knows?

But, as for me, that's how I'm taking it. It was almost like a veiled threat. (Hm! Interesting and yet, unintentional pun there!)
Male or female homosexuals, like the poor, will always be with us. Whether by nuture or nature, remains controversial. But those of them who want to just cuddle lil' Monkey Turd best be re-evaluating their mindset.

Gee, wonder what Rosie says now?

3 Comments:

Blogger Joubert said...

Muslims, like all pedophiles, hate gays.

9/26/2007 6:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

they have goats.

9/27/2007 1:26 AM  
Blogger white trash republican said...

Yeah, but everyone knows goats are dirty little liars!

9/27/2007 7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home