Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Ahhh, We was just kiddin', Y'all!!

Why is it whenever the left gets busted dead to rights
(which is a turn of phrase that may some day have no relevance if they have their way ) over something they may have said it suddenly becomes a "joke"? Time and time again they trot that excuse out. What a curious sense of humor these people have!

I was raised on the humor of the Marx Brothers, Firesign Theater, Bill Cosby, George Carlin, Monty Python, Richard Pryor (when I was older, of course!) Second City and just about any comedian and or comedy troupe of any significance or note in the latter part of the 20th century. I would have thought I knew just about any kind of humor and its' many nuances. I would like to think that I do indeed have a good sense of humor. I would like to think that I have in my possession a good knowledge of what's funny and what's not. But apparently not.
I guess I R jest dumb.
And it's up to the brilliant comedic talents of the left to enlightened me. And at the same time question my intelligence in doing so.

Maybe it's just me, but I always thought that if you had to explain a "joke" it either was A) Wasn't funny to begin with or B) Poorly told and/or executed from the start. (And hence, not truly funny. Unless, of course, the botched and fumbling explanation is indeed part of the joke, in which case, that is a whole 'nuther sub-species of humor and best left to the pros.)

So which is it with this latest folly coming from the Hillbeast's camp about dredging into Obama's kindergarten aspirations? A or B?
I found this crawfishin' explanation from Mark Penn, Hillbeast's top campaign strategist over at Newsbusters, it's from a recent "Morning Joe" show which is on MSNBC, and hosted by Joe Scarborough.

JOE SCARBOROUGH: Why bring up his kindergarten teacher?

MARK PENN: Oh, that is so silly. You know, I have to say that I really wonder at the end of the day -- he put out an attack on her, trying to say that she had some 20 year plan, and at the end of a long thing as a joke, the campaign put out that he always wanted to run from kindergarten. It was a joke! And the spin machines here are so hyped up here about Senator Clinton and her campaign, that -- that someone would pick up on a joke like that and treat it as though it were serious. The serious part was Barack Obama did not serve really much time in the U.S. Senate before running for president. I mean, he touts his foreign policy experience, the subcommittee he chaired never even met. The serious part of this is he has no practical national or international experience, not the joke at the end of a very long and serious release. Gosh, you guys are so spinnable.


Wow.
Just pat us on the head, tell us we're being silly, and send us on our way. How could you not recognize the blatant humor of that part of the release? Jeez, do we have to explain everything to you, you ig'nert unwashed masses?! How dare you question the blinding, side splitting comedy talent of she who would be Queen? (and the talent of that room full of chimps randomly typing away, writing her material.)

It was a joke! (and if you, too, want to be in on "the joke", you can read it here.)

Yeah...Oh! I get it now! Duh! They mean a joke like all those poor stupid troops stuck in Iraq type of funny! Shit, I didn't know Kerry was giggin' for Hillbeast as a writer. He must not be union. Bet the monkeys are pissed.


Oh and just for the record, in case I ever go terminally insane and decide to run for any kind of local office in the near future-
When I was 4, I wanted to grow up to be a raccoon.
But since my parents and my nursery school teacher are deceased, you'll just have to take my word on that.


7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the laughs. Hillary's whole campaign is a joke.

12/04/2007 10:49 AM  
Blogger Cookie..... said...

As I began to read yur post, the first thing that crossed my mind was Kerry and his "infamous Joke"....but alas...ya beat me to it in the post....

Good read Liz....

12/04/2007 12:18 PM  
Blogger white trash republican said...

We may be in on the joke that is Broomhilldee's campaign, but will the rest of the nation 'get it'?

12/04/2007 2:10 PM  
Blogger Chelle Blögger said...

Well apparently having a sense of humor has become politically incorrect.

Take your noose for instance, it is so offensive (and funny) that I am tempted to blog you over at my place haha...I could label the post "The White Trash Republican Noose Offensive"...wouldn't the thought police love that one?!

George Carlin is the best. I love his "7 dirty words" skit.

Chelle B.
The Offended Blogger

12/04/2007 2:31 PM  
Blogger white trash republican said...

The fact that you commented on my blog offends me, Chelle. ; )



(Actually, I think your blog does a service to the community at large. Good job, kiddo! Watch out for them mystery nooses...no one is safe with those things, uh, hanging about!)

12/04/2007 2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WTR-
New Address!

http://yourjewishmaster.blogspot.com/

12/04/2007 6:28 PM  
Blogger white trash republican said...

Duly noted, JM.
-and a Happy Hanukkah to you & yourn's!

12/05/2007 8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home