Saturday, March 25, 2006

Living La Vida Blanco Basura




Whilst toodling about the net looking for images for another project I came across the pic of this book. I liked the look and layout. ( being a graphic artist in a long ago previous existence ) and the title just made me howl. Sheer genuis there. So off I went on another tangent to find out more, found this review :

"Angry white male or astute social critic? Whichever, Goad (he's not using a pseudonym, is he?) bellows a primal scream in defense of white working-class wage serfs. There is not a meek, mealy-mouthed word in this tract, so readers had better strap themselves in if they recoil from cussing, epithets for every blankety-blank group under the sun, or chapter titles such as "Several Compelling Arguments for the Enslavement of All White Liberals." This tract is so hyperbolic, so vitriolic, so viciously funny, so unrestrained, that its sheer outlandishness might indicate that Goad is just venting a sustained satire. But his harangue is in earnest, a high-decibel diatribe agin' big gummint, high taxes, big business, and the media reiteration of (white) racism as the metaexplainer of what's wrong with America. Moreover, Goad's book will not go quietly, as it is a politically unclassifiable polemic sure to humor, or offend, or enrage library patrons, in equal measure."

Oh! So I'm thinkin' this is a must read! But upon trying to find out more about this guy and the book I'm just a little troubled. I went to his site, and although I'm not a total prude when it comes to language, (I do read Misha, afterall.) this stuff was just alittle too, uh...uh...okay, nasty! Not my cup of tea-but I could see where it might have some appeal to some, as long as you don't have boobs, but I do, so some of his potty talk made me uncomfortable, which was probably the point anyway.
So I wiki his name and here's what I came up with.
One very telling fact from the article:

Goad is currently off parole and single.

2 Comments:

Blogger Joubert said...

When I first started reading your post, I thought it sounded like a good read too but now wonder if there's maybe more anger than humor in it. He doesn't sound like a happy man.

3/25/2006 10:50 AM  
Blogger white trash republican said...

That's what I thought too. The Wiki bio doesn't cast him in a very good light.
But who knows? Sometimes the happiest, likable sorts can write brutally awful, raging stuff-and that's why they're happy, they get it all out on paper rather than on another human.
But it appears this guy has had a very troubled past.

3/25/2006 3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home