Monday, April 24, 2006

Ms. Handyma'am (ugh)

(Note: This was originally attempted to be posted around 7:30 this morning, but Blogger is having YET ANOTHER one of it's all too routine nervous breakdowns. Mondays are just too much for it, I guess. Don't have time to waste dicking around with it...will try again later. Ok, so I guess it's later...)


A bit ago I mentioned trying to get the dining room redone. The progress has been slow at best. If I had an extra body about to help with the heavy lifting I might be just about done by now. As it is I have primer on the walls and all of the furnishings are all globbed up in the center of the room waiting for my next move.

Today's goal is flooring. But just getting to start that part will take a nice chunk of time. As I said, most of the furnishings are shoved altogether in the center of the room...all this stuff will need to be moved out and parked elsewhere while I get the new floor in. No easy feat. The White Trash HQ is not a spacious manor befitting a Dowager Vicountess, but rather a humble abode, amounting to less than 1200 sq. ft.
All this crap needs to be moved to the front room-but the front room already has it's share of furniture. Now I have to squeeze a table and chairs, a corner hutch, a small desk w/ 'antique' computer, file cabinet, an antique floor model Philco radio (which would work, if we could find tubes!) and misc. boxes of bricabrac (from the corner hutch.) into this space and still leave it in some semblance of order, or at least able to pass through and get to the front door! Ugh! Ain't looking forward to this. I hate that kind of chaos, even if it's temporary.

Once that's done, it'll go quick. This laminate flooring is a cinch to put in, having already done the front room a couple years back...it's just getting to that point that I'm hating. But, it's gotta get done. I have now set a finish date for later this week. Eldest spawn has a little birthday sleepover planned and order must be restored by this weekend! At this point, I don't know what is worse.

And I still haven't decided on wall color, either! Oh well...baby steps.

2 Comments:

Blogger Joubert said...

Don't you have a teenage football player that you can borrow to help with the lifting?

4/24/2006 3:24 PM  
Blogger white trash republican said...

Nope, teenagers are in short supply in this part of the county...I'm in the old geezer section I think.
I did manage to rassle it all into the next room with no incidents. The floor's about half done and I'm knocking off for the day.
But I'll be sore tomarrow!

4/24/2006 4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home