Monday, May 22, 2006

"24" Season Finale- "Slow Boat to China"

Well, boy howdy-they pulled it off. Got the silly sub thang handled, Henderson capped, Loopner taken into custody and just when we thought everything was cool, our boy falls for the ol' phone call from your daughter bit and now he's on a frieghter to China! The Chi-Coms made sure they beat the crap out of him right real good. I knew these guys had to factor in at the end somehow, since Jack was on their 'most wanted' list and they wanted this boy in the worst way...especially when they figured out he had faked his death...oops.

Well, since it was a 2 hour thing and my, there were so many great scenes to go with, I have to say the one from hour 1 that I liked the most was the nimble necksnapping of Bierko by the mighty thighs of steel of Jack! Oh my goodness! I think I 'bout near had an attack of the vapors from that!
Where's my smelling salts?!!

As for the second hour... it had to be the smug, cat ate the canary look that Loopners old lady, Martha, gave him as the feds led him away. "Buh-bye, dear, buh bye!" Even Mike of the emmense domage leaned in for a grin. Oh that was tooooo good! And it made up for the previous all too icky scene where she showed the world what a great patriot she was by pulling a stall doinking-taking one for the team. Eeeewww. But even Martha shoulda known that would only take about 5 minutes...and they needed at least 20. Maybe Loop is the kinda guy who goes for a long hot shower afterwards.

Anywho, this is shaping up to be a very interesting next season...I'm sure it'll begin just as the frieghter is docking in some Chinese port. Adding to the suspense is the fact that NO ONE stateside has a clue where he is or what has happened!
WooHoo. I'm so looking forward to the Bauer policy regarding diplomatic relations with China.

6 Comments:

Blogger Lemuel Calhoon said...

I predict that next season will open up 1 or 2 years later with Jack in a Chinese labor camp. He will be fluent in Chinese by this time and will be just one of the prisoners.

Where it goes from there I can't guess.

5/22/2006 11:13 PM  
Blogger Gayle said...

I so do love your revues! lol!

Yeah, I watched it too. Had me glued to my chair, as always.

One of my favorite characters in 24 is Cloey. Her concentrated squint is so endearing. Without Cloey, Jack will probably never be found, you just watch.

You just gotta know Mrs. President is so happy to get rid of that baboon. Can't wait until next season. :)

5/23/2006 1:54 PM  
Blogger Cookie..... said...

Hey WTR...Off-topic...put up a post about a "Walk Yur Dog" party over at the shack...thought you and the youngins might find it fun...check it out if'n ya want....Cookie...

5/23/2006 4:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, I'm glad I was too busy to read blogs the past few days because I didn't get to watch the finale until tonight and your post title would have been a major spoiler. After the first episode of the season I said "The Chinese are definitely going to figure back in" but I forgot about it until tonight.

You just KNEW Jack would not get a sunshine and doves flying ending when he was kissing Audrey with nine minutes left in the show.

Jack doesn't get to live THAT life.

My prediction echoes Lemuel's: The season opens with Jack in some camp in BFC (bum-f*ck China) as a somewhat favored prisoner, counseling the commandant a la Hogans Heroes or the story of Joseph in the Bible.

But they underestimate Jack.

5/25/2006 12:56 AM  
Blogger white trash republican said...

Oh John, I like the parallel to Joseph and the Egyptians!
If the scriptwriters weren't such troglodytes (and I do say that with only the deepest affection) that would make for a hell of a storyline! Jack's a smart guy (well, the last 10 minutes he weren't so smart) he could find a way to ingratiate himself to the superiors and somehow assure his escape...bet he'd take a few dissidents with him, too.

5/25/2006 8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dissidents - like maybe some Vietnam MIAs. Well in any case we have a lot to look forward to; they've really got a KILLER plot set up to start the next season.

5/25/2006 4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home