Friday, May 12, 2006

More Bling for Our Resident Egghead


Last night was the 6th grade Graduation and Awards presentation at my younguns' school.
It's a big deal. For all of us. My eldest is wrapping up her 9 year association with that school. (2 years preschool, kindergarten and then regular 1 through 6.) She, along with a very small handful of kids, skewed the stats for this little rural school district the entire time. I can't actually prove that, but I suspect it's so.
But it all could be relative-I mean I could say with pride my kid's a friggin' genius, but if you take into consideration where we live and the possible overall low I.Q of the progeny around here, then by the standards of the rest of the country, my youngun might just be "average". Eh. Nevertheless, Mom's tickled pink at her accomplishments.

Last night she got her Honor Student Top 10 medal. I wasn't expecting this-neither was she. This award is for kids who have consistantly maintained an A- or better GPA their entire school career-from 1st to 6th grade! Wow.
Personally, I think they were hard pressed to come up with 10 total from the 6th grade, but regardless-it's quite an achievement. And of course, Mom cried a dab when she went up and got that medal put around her neck...one of those 'dammit, I wish you were here!' moments, meaning her Dad, of course, even though I know in some way, he was.

5 Comments:

Blogger Joubert said...

Your daughter is not only smart but beautiful too. You've got a winner there.

5/12/2006 11:48 AM  
Blogger Kathy Keller said...

Please give her huge congratulations from the whole Keller Klan. We are very proud of her! Way to go, gal!

5/12/2006 12:09 PM  
Blogger white trash republican said...

Thanks, guys! We appreciate it!

I'm mighty proud of her. And she does photograph purty well, even if Mom may need some technical help-I wasn't too happy how the pic came out,but it was the best one- she was just so giddy and wouldn't hold still for the pics...you can probably tell she was blushing like crazy too.

5/12/2006 2:16 PM  
Blogger Cookie..... said...

Congrats to yur youngin Liz...you should be proud....and I'm sure her daddy was somewhere's near abouts....

5/12/2006 2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, it's not environment, it's in the genes. Her momma ain't no dummie either!

5/13/2006 6:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home