Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Too Pooped to Pop


Ugh...I hate summer.
Well, not really. I just dislike the "busy-ness" of it.
'Round here, as soon as school lets out, the ball season begins. Just about every kid in the county participates in the Ball Leagues here...mainly cuz it's free and it gives the younguns something to do. Mine have gone from the T-Ball teams all the way to now fast pitch softball. My youngest is sitting out this season, again, due to some unresolved psychic trauma from getting beaned square in the nose with a pitch. Damn shame, she had skills.
Come to find out it actually did break her nose from that, even though the local clinic said their X-rays showed no nasal damage. But I digress...
Anyhow, I should be grateful I only have one practice and game schedule to co-ordinate. I shudder to think what it could be like if they both were playing and were on different teams. I'd be like my friend who has 3 boys, all in different age groups and levels. Yikes, for a month and a half it seems all they do is run to games and practices. I would go mad. We just got back from practice just abit ago...at 10 (ten!) pm. Who the heck schedules practice for a gaggle of 10 and 12 yr. olds to run till 9:30??! Our Lions Club ball coaches, that's who.

Then there's the dance studio and their June recital. It's been asses and elbows there as they get all the routines down pat that they've been working on for the past 9 months, get costumes ordered and picked up and stupid me, always being the nice guy offered to help with the production. So now I'm laying out the programs to be printed and doing some costume work for them. It's in 2 weeks. I might get it done.

And then there's all the other stuff I got going on, the neverending remodel job, the church library, etc. Everything is getting done in dribs and drabs, since sometimes I have to abide by others schedules. That and one has to drive over 20 miles just to get anywhere here! I think it's all the driving that exhausts me more than all the commitments.
So dammit..I'm tired!
And grouchy, too.
And my checkbook is screaming bloody murder from all the extra fill-ups I've been needing to do just to get all my stuff done.
Oy! It's gonna be a bad summer...I can see it already!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh, you love it and you know it!

5/24/2006 12:50 AM  
Blogger white trash republican said...

In some ways yes, Squirley.
If I didn't have my girls then I would truly be the epitome of the weird ol' widderwoman, sitting in her backyard talking to her dogs and chickens. So I should be grateful I have 'em, if only to stave off madness for a bit longer and lend some apperance of normalcy.
; )

5/24/2006 8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home