Thursday, July 13, 2006

Laying for Allah!

Well, I got to thinking here the other day that it's been awhile since we had a story about the word 'Allah' showing up as a form of cozmick tattooing on some poor innocent beast. We're overdue.
Ask, and ye shall receive:

ALMATY (Reuters) - A chicken in a Kazakh village has laid an egg with the word "Allah" inscribed on its shell, state media reported Thursday.

"Our mosque confirmed that it says 'Allah' in Arabic," Bites Amantayeva, a farmer from the village of Stepnoi in eastern Kazakhstan, told state news agency Kazinform.

"We'll keep this egg and we don't think it'll go bad."

The news agency said the egg was laid just after a powerful hail storm hit the village.

Kazakhstan is a large, thinly populated Central Asian state where Sunni Islam is a dominant religion.


Probably totally unrelated, but I did find this in the henhouse the other day...



HT: LGF

5 Comments:

Blogger Joubert said...

Not surprised. I'm convinced that chickens are reincarnated vicious Muslim killers.

7/13/2006 2:52 PM  
Blogger white trash republican said...

I've read your theory on that. But wouldn't it be better if it was something unKosher?
Like a chihuahua or some other equally annoying yapping teeny tiny dog (and I use that word in it's loosest sense) that makes you just want to drop kick it across the driveway?
I love dogs, but damn...those things aren't of this earth!
I'm not one for reincarnation, but the notion that they forgo the Paradise and end up in the frame of a shivering, small,bug eyed, impotent beast makes me smile.

7/13/2006 6:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I resent that! I happen to have one of those things and she is NOT yappy. (we had a squirt gun ready for that when we brought her home)

Nor is she teeny tiny like most.

Squirley

7/13/2006 9:37 PM  
Blogger white trash republican said...

Hey, Squirley, you know I wasn't speakin' ill of your baby.
: )

7/13/2006 11:50 PM  
Blogger Joubert said...

Liz, I used to hate little dogs until a friend convinced me to nurse a sick chihuahua back to health. Since then I've had four of those sick/needed nursing rats on strings. They're not really dogs but they are awfully amusing and very smart.

7/15/2006 12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home