Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Project 2,996 Quota Met!



Last night, just around midnight, the final name was assigned.

Thank you to all those who signed up.

To fully appreciate the magnitude of this project, here is the list of victims and the corresponding bloggers honoring them.


On a personal note, I'm now beginning to feel somewhat anxious about my post. I have yet to even start, but the whole weight of this thing is getting to me. My person has only the barest of details available. This will be challenging. From what I've been able to find out, she was a classy gal. I am not. Hence my anxiety. I'm reluctant to seek out her family. Not out of laziness or shyness, but rather privacy. Yet on the other hand, if a total stranger were to approach me and ask about my husband, I would talk for hours, laughing and crying all the while, and not be offended in the least. And so I'm torn. I know everyone deals with loss differently. Her family may not even want to go back there. I don't want to offend and yet, like everyone else involved in this project, I want to properly honor their memory and do a good job, as best I can.

If you are on this project, how are you going about composing a proper memorial?

3 Comments:

Blogger Pamela said...

I didn't sign up, because I felt that I didn't have enough readership to properly honor someone -

Had I signed up I would have posted the persons picture, given the simple facts -

I would write where I was on that day, and what I was doing when that person died. And how I wish that I could have prayed for him/her at that time.

And then close with a prayer for the family and loved ones who didn't get to say goodbye.

8/29/2006 11:07 PM  
Blogger Walker said...

My advice is to contact her family if you can. Just explain what you are doing.

Email would be best, but I wouldn't be shy about making a phone call. If you come up with something good, I'd alert the local newspaper about your interview. Cool local angle on a national news story.

8/30/2006 9:03 AM  
Blogger white trash republican said...

(Note: This comment was by Patrick- Blogger is back on the crackpipe and is acting very odd again- it wouldn't post this, so I'll salvaged his comment.--wtr)

"There are no pictures of the guy assigned to me and hardly anything written about him on the net at all. I would never contact his family even if I knew how so I'll just do a simple tribute."

8/30/2006 11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home