Wednesday, November 22, 2006

A Doxology of Thanksgiving




That short, old hymn was sung at the end of every Sunday service when I was a kid in church. It has a simple beauty that I still love even today as an adult.
It's been on my mind these past few days and I can think of no better Thanksgiving Day greeting to you all than that.

"Praise God from whom all blessings flow..."


I think this old hymn's opening line sets the tone for Thursday just right.
You all have a wonderful day, enjoy who you are with and be thankful for friends and family.
I know we will.

4 Comments:

Blogger Pamela said...

we sang it after the offering was given.

I still remember the tune

11/22/2006 8:14 PM  
Blogger Joubert said...

It is beautiful. Happy Thanksgiving.

11/23/2006 9:58 AM  
Blogger Lemuel Calhoon said...

I hope that you and the girls had a wonderful day.

11/23/2006 7:26 PM  
Blogger John R said...

That hymn has been on my mind in on my lips since reading it here earlier today. Thank you.

I hope you have had a happy, blessed Thanksgiving.

11/23/2006 8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home