Friday, November 17, 2006

New Version of Blogger?

For about a week now everytime I pop over here to post I get a splash on my dash urging me to switch to "the new blogger". I'm hesitant until I hear from anyone else who has taken the plunge.
I'm just a crabby old fart who hates change; especially with such a program that has such a stellar track record of reliability like Blogger & Blogspot!

So, what's so bitchen about it? Anyone using it?
Anyone???

Since I'm such a no-frills type person I'm wondering if all the bells and whistles they allude to on the new version are to any benefit.

5 Comments:

Blogger Gayle said...

LOL! I'm like you. I haven't tried it either. I'm afraid it will screw something up. If I get the nerve to give it a shot, I'll let you know. Promise!

11/17/2006 1:14 PM  
Blogger white trash republican said...

(inside comment for Gayle: I did as you requested. You crack me up,gal! ; )

11/17/2006 1:29 PM  
Blogger SecondComingOfBast said...

What you can do, is start another blog on Beta, just as a kind of test blog, and see how it works. Just to be on the safe side, however, I wouldn't use your computer, go to a library or some other public access place. At least, do it under a seperate account from the one you have now.

I know one person that uses it, the blog name is "Living It Up In Lincoln County".
But I don't have the url handy, though you should be able to find it through Google.

Eventually, they are going to move everybody over to it. I think I'll just wait and let them do that, just to be on the safe side.

11/17/2006 1:42 PM  
Blogger white trash republican said...

Using another computer sounds ominous, Pag.
What do you know that we don't? ; )

I had thought about test driving it with a bogus blog. But I'm so friggin' lazy in that regard, I'm thinking of just doing the wait n see tactic like you.

11/17/2006 2:18 PM  
Blogger John R said...

I switched over with only a few problems.

First. Save your blog template to notes or similar. When you switch you will lose all of your non blogger items. Java script on the sidebar, sitemeter, stuff like that. Not a real problem if you have some time to cut and paste.

Once you get everything back the way you like it, it is pretty nice.

11/18/2006 8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home