Friday, November 03, 2006

Who the #%$& is Haggard?

The only Haggard I've ever heard of is Merle. But hearing the news today I guess being a Christian and all I'm suppose to immediately know who he is. Like we're all part of the same club, shop at the same stores, follow the same rules, dress alike, have sooper sekrit handshakes. Like he's the grand poobah, the big mucky muck, the fearless leader of the pack. And I'm also suppose to be outraged, incensed, shock and dismayed and feel compelled to stay home on Tuesday.
Sorry.
Not a clue who this poor schmuck is.
Nope. Nice try. But I'm completely unfazed by this.

I'm still pondering the phrase "evangelical Christian".
I must be a bad one, cuz I dunno what that means.
Sounds like someone who stands on a street corner shouting and wailing with a big sign that says "The End Is Near!" and hands out leaflets that everyone tosses into the nearest trashcan. Bordering on a snake shakin' pentecostal.
I believe in Christ, ergo, I'm a Christian. Period. I didn't think any other labels were needed.
You say evangelical Christian and it's like saying 'vegetarian Christian' or 'cannibal Christian' to me. It's nonsense.
See...I really don't know all the sooper sekrit code words or handshakes!

I don't watch nor pay any attention to the Sunday TV preachers-which I get a feeling he is. But since I don't know for sure, I really shouldn't comment on that.

Now if you had said Graham...well that's a whole 'nuther kettle 'o' fish. Instant name recognition there. Haggard? Naw, I just think of Willie and the boys.

Now I do recall hearing an almost IDENTICAL scandal early this summer, I believe. Kinda went nowhere. Same deal-male hooker claims evangelist is a drugging and plookin' queer whorebeast...IS it the same story? I'm trying to hunt it down. But since I was only halfass listening when I heard it it'll be tough. But I'll try. Cuz even though I could give 2 hoots in a handbag for this guy, I really think this is recycled old news, trotted out for the elections.
(Who the hell would give any credibility to a male hooker, fer Christ sakes, in the 1st place?? What? Was his conscience buggin' him? Oh please!)

I'm just waiting for the tearful "Ah have sii-iined agaist you!" moment ala' Swaggert...or was it Roberts? Jeez, I can't tell these TV preachers apart.


(Wow. Ace of Spades concurs.)

5 Comments:

Blogger Joubert said...

Although Haggard was a preacher man he was more of a politician than a pastor. I put in my two cents about him today too. The hooker supposedly has voice-mail tapes to prove his accusations.

BTW My born again neighbors call themselves "evangelical Christians." I asked them what that meant and they defined it as meaning that they believed the Bible literally - world created 5,000 years ago etc. I said, "Oh, you mean fundamentalist." But they don't like that word anymore because the commies have made it into a dirty word.

11/03/2006 5:52 PM  
Blogger white trash republican said...

I would much prefer Fundemental (even though I disagree immensely with your neighbors) to Evangelical.
But it would seem that evangelical is becoming a dirty word, too, with the libs. They say it with such a sneer.

11/03/2006 7:49 PM  
Blogger Fish-2 said...

It's been my observation over the years these tv evangelists are far more interested in serving their bank accounts than serving the lord. If they really believed what they preach, they'd never be caught in these situations.

11/04/2006 8:13 AM  
Blogger SecondComingOfBast said...

Jones admitted he timed his revelations to coincide with the election, becasue there is a ballot initiative in Colorado concerning gay marriage, which Hagard opposses, which accordding to Jones makes him a hypocrit.

I've posted about Haggard as well. I've even kindly suggested a new religion for him, one where he might well feel more at home.

11/04/2006 11:30 AM  
Blogger Cookie..... said...

Good readin Liz...Sorry I ain't been around much lately. Got a sick wife and a ton of stuff to do every day....

11/04/2006 11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home