Thursday, September 27, 2007

Mystery Artist

I'd love to credit the artist who painted the version of The Last Supper I'm butchering up. It is a lovely interpretation. But the site I swiped it from doesn't acknowledge the painter and I have yet to find the painting anywhere else on the innernets!
(I've tried Goog, Yahoo, Ask, Alta Vista et. al. to no avail-going as far as about 8 or 10 pages in...exhausting!)
Maybe Patrick the Born Again Redneck would know. He seems to be the resident art afficiando. Or at the least, he could hazard a good guess.

Here's a reduced version below:



The full-size here.

2 Comments:

Blogger Joubert said...

Sorry, I don't know who the artist is. At first I thought it was a modern "churchy" painting but, now that I've seen the larger version, I'm not so sure.

BTW You can post the large version to blogger which will size it to fit your template. Just put "click to enlarge."

9/27/2007 9:44 PM  
Blogger white trash republican said...

Thanx for the tech tip, Patrick. I R still not too savvy about the ins & outs of these darn blog templates, even after years of goofing around with them.
I hope I can find out who painted this. It does looks old. The colors are so brilliant and that was the one thing that drew me to it.(I'm like a crow in that regard...they're attracted to shiny things, I love bright vivid color in my art.)
: )

9/28/2007 7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home