Friday, October 19, 2007

Lazy Post Day: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Some links to stories that caught my eye. Plus a bonus royal flush!

The Good:
Couple Makes Burglar Clean Up Mess at Gunpoint

(Your feel-good wish fulfillment moment of the day!)


The Bad: Police Raid David Copperfield's Storage Warehouse

(Let's see if he can make this disappear...)


The Ugly:
Ignorant, Spoiled Brat Punks Burn a Marines Flag

( Story quote:"I don't think they really knew what they were doing..." Yeaaaah riiii-iiight. This story brought tears to my eyes. It may to you, too.)


And the Royal Flush: Stolen Giant Toilet FOUND!

(Owners are said to be relieved.)


I've got a very busy weekend on tap and it might include good news (depending on your viewpoint) by Monday. So I probably won't be able to say much until then.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cookie..... said...

That flg story mad by blood boil. Truth be known, being a retired cop, I'm armed...and if anyone tried to do that the a flag of mine with such importance attached to it...they'll be gettin their own flag at their funeral....

10/19/2007 11:44 AM  
Blogger white trash republican said...

A lot of folks had that same reaction. It's just an appalling tale.
For some reason, tho, it just filled me with great sadness. Sadness at the dad who lost a son, and also a meaningful symbol of his kid's sacrifice, sadness at how stupid and reckless some young people have become and their obvious lack of parenting. I took it as a snapshot of just how screwed up this country and our values have become. Hey, I don't begrudge any kid alittle pointless and relatively HARMLESS vandalism now and then -we've all done stupid crap in our youth, but this goes beyond the pale.

10/22/2007 8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home