Thursday, February 14, 2008

In 9 Months...

The other week a caller to Limbaugh's show made the comparison of McCain's inevitable nomination to finding out you're pregnant.
She said something to the effect that a lot can change in 9 months- at first you're scared and confused-worried that you'll be a lousy parent, upset at all the radical changes this event will do to your familiar routine. But then as time wears on, you accept and even anticipate the birth. It's all good in the long run.

She does make a good point. As a woman, who has been through that process, I can appreciate the analogy.

However, perpetual cynic that I am, may I offer a contrasting view?

What if, instead of finding out you're knocked up, you're told you have cancer?
In that case, 9 months could be a death sentence.
Instead you would do everything in your power to be rid of it- surgery, chemo-what ever it took, and you would take action as soon as possible to stem the disease.
You wouldn't dare take the foolish route of waiting 9 months to "get used to" the idea of having cancer.

Would you?

5 Comments:

Blogger SecondComingOfBast said...

Ah Ha! See there, I'm always telling you guys abortion is justified in some cases.

2/14/2008 10:41 AM  
Blogger white trash republican said...

'You guys'? Don't put me in that group, Pagan! ; )

A lot could change in 9 or 8 months, but honestly, I don't see myself warming up to this weasel any time soon.
The first guy who strongly advocates drilling in ANWAR gets my vote.
Oh wait...those guys are already out...
Damn.

2/15/2008 9:39 AM  
Blogger SecondComingOfBast said...

I thought McCain was for drilling in ANWAR, maybe I'm wrong. I know he's for nuclear power, or so he says.

That caller comparing McCain's nomination to a pregnancy is ind of similar to my idea, that conservative voters are like a rape victim. They're being raped and told they "asked for it" or that if they relax and dont' try to resist they will "enjoy it".

Who knows, maybe some of them eventually will. SOme of that Stockholms Syndrome McCain has he might be able to infect conservatives with through some kind of psychic transference.

HaHaHaHa

2/15/2008 10:53 AM  
Blogger white trash republican said...

No, Pagan, as far as I know and can read Queeg is all aboard the happyass moonpie gorebal warming train. That alone is enough for me to hate him.
Nuclear energy is good, but we are sitting on potentially more oil than the saudis! Sadly it would take a long time to get all that flowing and refined, but it might be quicker than building nukes. It's a matter of national security, imo.

I like your rape victim comparision! It's similar to saying conservatives are just like women who stay in abusive marriages, which is another one floating around that I like.

GOP: Honest, baby, I'm sorry! I'll never do it again. I just lost my head. I'm sorry I hurt you, please come back! Gimme one more chance...

Conservatives: Ohhhh, honey. OK. I'm sorry, too! (smooch-smooch,hug-hug)

(The next Saturday night, he's all drunked up)

GOP: You filthy slut! I @#%$ing hate you! Get out my sight! How dare you tell me what to do??!! (*WHAP!!*)

Conservatives: Booooo-Hoooooo! I thought YOU'D CHANGED!!!
****wash, rinse, repeat********

2/15/2008 11:36 AM  
Blogger SecondComingOfBast said...

Yeah, exactly, I just did a blog post where I touched on both comparisons. I think it's a pretty apt comparison to how Republicans are getting raped and abused, or that is the conservative Republicans.

And, it's already started. Already, some people that hated McCain a week ago are starting to make excuses to support him. And I mean, people that really HATED him. Now, he's fine and daddy. In another two weeks, he'll be the greatest thing since sliced bread.

It's really sad.

2/15/2008 12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home