Friday, April 11, 2008

Woo-Hoo! My flag arrived!

About a month ago I contracted with the Flag & Banner Company of Indianapolis, IN for a custom job.
It just arrived via DHL and I'm tickled pink with how nice it came out.

I wanted a reproduction of the "What the Hell?" pennant that was the unofficial/official flag for SACO, the Navy outfit my Dad was in.

Working with only an emailed small photo and some general directions via phone, Nancy at Flag & Banner did a bang up job re-creating the pennant for me. And at a price that I thought was fair for a custom job. It measures 18" x 3 ft.

It will proudly fly under Ol' Glory at my business!

Here it is, fresh outta the box (and hastily tacked up to a wall for the photo.)



A nice thank you letter is in order.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cookie..... said...

Oh right....I recall a post some time back regarding the flag and the elite unit your Dad was in, in China wasn't it? Could you re-post that story for all of us...I know I found it interesting and I believe others will as well...

4/11/2008 8:15 PM  
Blogger white trash republican said...

Funny how this day evolved, Cookie.
Early this morning I set up a new blog just for SACO related stuff, including my posts here, then my flag arrived and now here you are suggesting that I re-post those stories!

Reckon it's meant to be, eh? I'll be sure to put the link for the SACO blog when it's all ready.

4/11/2008 11:23 PM  
Blogger Walker said...

Dang. I want to hear the story again.

4/12/2008 8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home