Sunday, March 12, 2006

Plugged Up Tighter Than a Trailer Park Septic System!

Appalacian Gun Trash has a nifty link to check your computer security.

I was almost afraid to test, fearing what I might find out. But curiousity got the better of me.
The site congratulated me on being in full stealth! I truly am unseen on the 'Net. (which, in this case, is a GOOD thing!)
Jeez, I thought I was pretty anal about security, but I didn't think my rig was THAT good!
Maybe running Firefox exclusively has something to do with it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lemuel Calhoon said...

I passed too. I guess anti spyware and anti virus software along with the protections built into Windows XP are doing the job.

3/12/2006 1:27 PM  
Blogger white trash republican said...

I run Trendmicro's anti-v and firewall.It's kept me bug free for many moons now.Along with all the usual spyware cooty catchers, as well.
Good anti-v, firwall and a little common sense goes a long way.

3/12/2006 3:46 PM  
Blogger Appalachian Gun Trash said...

That's good, usually Port 113 is an open one and the user has to mask it by hand. Maybe XP 2nd Edition does it automatically now. I know that I had to turn it off via my router when I first ran the test.

3/12/2006 10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home