Sunday, March 12, 2006

Plugged Up Tighter Than a Trailer Park Septic System!

Appalacian Gun Trash has a nifty link to check your computer security.

I was almost afraid to test, fearing what I might find out. But curiousity got the better of me.
The site congratulated me on being in full stealth! I truly am unseen on the 'Net. (which, in this case, is a GOOD thing!)
Jeez, I thought I was pretty anal about security, but I didn't think my rig was THAT good!
Maybe running Firefox exclusively has something to do with it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lemuel Calhoon said...

I passed too. I guess anti spyware and anti virus software along with the protections built into Windows XP are doing the job.

3/12/2006 1:27 PM  
Blogger white trash republican said...

I run Trendmicro's anti-v and firewall.It's kept me bug free for many moons now.Along with all the usual spyware cooty catchers, as well.
Good anti-v, firwall and a little common sense goes a long way.

3/12/2006 3:46 PM  
Blogger Gun Trash said...

That's good, usually Port 113 is an open one and the user has to mask it by hand. Maybe XP 2nd Edition does it automatically now. I know that I had to turn it off via my router when I first ran the test.

3/12/2006 10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home