Thursday, July 13, 2006

Hometown Boy Does Good

Stephan Bender, 17-year-old Ava native, received a superhero’s welcome in his hometown when he attended the Ava premiere of Superman Returns. Bender won the role of a young Clark Kent after being in L.A. only a few short weeks. Times photo/Regina Wynn


Ok, so it ain't as big or fauxnewsworthy as Angie and Brad's baby. But damn, I can't tell ya how proud I am that a local kid from my nearby, jerkwater burg has hit the big time and put us on the map!
Ava has a population of about 2,300 I think. I might be wrong on that, and No, I don't know his family.
I wish I could have been there at the theater that day, if just to see the mob scene.
That's the only movie theater for about 60 miles in any direction. The younguns and I go there frequently. This is the biggest thing that has happened around here...ever.

Our local weekly, the Ozark County Times has the story.


I'm still amazed! This is so cool!

2 Comments:

Blogger sig94 said...

That is exciting. Did you know his family?

7/13/2006 11:19 PM  
Blogger white trash republican said...

The name Bender sounds familiar, but I can't place him. He was just another of the young teens hanging about.
It just blows me away that he landed the part just after hitting L.A.--how many other pretty boy actors with over paid agents are just hating him now?

I just hope his small town roots will stay with him and keep him sane. This is alot of attention and success to handle right off the bat.

7/14/2006 12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home