Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Double Tag Team

About 2 weeks ago I got tagged by Pamela at The Dust Will Wait and as much as I like these kinda things, it hit at a bad time. I actually did try to finish it in a timely manner, but y'know how that goes...
Then just the other day I got tagged again, this time by my favorite redneck, Patrick at Born Again Redneck. So now the pressure was on. Just gotta get these puppies answered and posted, so here we go.
We'll start with Pam's first:

1. The book nearest me –
"Junie B. Jones and Her Big Fat Mouth"
One of my kids' books.


2. Stretch out your left arm, what do you touch? –
The cool breeze of the window a/c!

3. Last thing watched on television? –
"The Lost City", about the Oak Ridge facility during WW2. As I watched it I kept wondering 'What has happened to our moxie?' This generation could never pull off such an effort today, in such a short time, no matter how noble the cause. Sad. Still, it was a fascinating program.


4. Without looking what time is it?
9:15-ish

5. What is the actual time?
9:18 pm. I have an excellent internal clock.

6. With the exception of the computer what can you hear?
Your computer makes noise? Oh...sorry, back to the question-the steady ticking of the cheap clock in the family room and some hens clucking about outside. The kids are still asleep-it won't be this quiet for too much longer.

7. When did you last step outside?
Just about 30 minutes ago to let the chickens out.

8. Before this survey what did you look at?
My chickens.

9. What are you wearing? –
That's kinda personal...if you were some guy on the phone, I'd hang up on you right now!
But if you must know, an old oversize Harley Davidson shirt and flannel shorts (summer 'jammies)


10. Did you dream last night? –
Oh, I'm sure I did-recalling it is the tough part!


11. When did you last laugh?
About 10 minutes ago. It was an inside joke. Only my dogs get it.

12. What is on the walls in the room?
A coat of the oddest shade of purple known to man. I'm remodeling, so all photos are off the walls for now.

13. Seen anything weird lately? –
Why yes, my normally subserviant hens have taken to fighting back when a rooster tries to chase them down! They peck and kick and stand their ground and resist the amorous assaults. Power to the Pullets!... Right On!


14. What do you think of this quiz?
I'm shocked at the number of questions!


15. What is the last film you saw? –
"Dead Man's Chest"
I feel yet another major Depp obsession firing up. Happens all the time.*sigh*


16. Tell me something we don't know.
I'm ambidextrous.

17. If you could change one thing about the world, what would you do.
Taken Mohammed's credibilty away. So that everyone who heard his message of a new faith would just say "Yeah, right...you loon...giddoutta here!" Barring that, it would have been nice IF the Bay of Pigs boondoggle had been actually successful.

18. Do you like to dance?
Yes, but I do it badly I'm told.


19. George Bush?
Which one? Dub or his Daddy? I was always partial to Barb. Nice lady, down to earth class.

20. Imagine your first child is a girl –
She was. So now what do I do here?


21. Imagine your first child is a boy-
I would praying for guidance because he would be a wild handful in his teens I suspect. Or a total dork. Either way, one of us would be miserable!


22. Would you consider living abroad? –
I’m already a broad. ; ) I liked that answer... so I'm keeping that-but unlike you,Pamela, I wouldn't want to try spending a day with a dang meat puppet twixt my legs! Eww. But back to the question: A solid, resounding No!

23. What would God say to you when you reach the pearly gates? –
"And you're here because....?"


23. 6 people who will do this quiz-
Jeez, do I even know 6 people???!! I'm afraid this tag will die an early death at my hands.

(I'll put my taggees at the end of this post,and then the victims can decide which tag to participate in)
***********************************

Now, on to Patrick's tag-it has a bookish spin:


One book that changed your life:
"Animal Farm". Had to read that in jr. high and it made me realize just how the world really works. I think every kid MUST read that-more than once. Now more than ever.

One book that you've read more than once:
"Timeline". Hollywood, as usual, bungled it. The ending in the book was sooo much more darkly satisfying.

One book that you would want on a desert island:
Just about everyone will say the Bible. But I'm going with "Gone with the Wind".
Of course, I cannot possibly imagine myself being in such a predicament, so this is a hard one. But 'GwtW' is my knee jerk response.


One book that made you laugh:
"A Generation of Swine" by Hunter S. Thompson, but actually just about everything he wrote makes me laugh.

One book that made you cry:
"What Dreams May Come". I started reading this about 2 years after my husbands death. Bad choice, I still can't finish it. One day, maybe, but still not now.

One book you wish had been written:
"Everything You Know is WRONG!" Subtitle: 'A book for aspiring Liberals'.


One book you wish had never been written:
"The Communist Manifesto". But if Marx hadn't had scribbled down that claptrap, some other idiot would have. I have a ying/yang kinda notion of how the universe works. There will always be evil in the world, the trick is to keep that evil in check.

One book you are currently reading:
"Overseas Diary (India, Burma and WW2)". I found this in the library while continuing research on Dad's Navy days and strangely enough, it was authored by a man who lived right here in town! Thought that was interesting.

One book you have been meaning to read:
One??!! Jeez, I'm so behind there are gobs I'd like to read...can't enumerate them here, much less just single out one. But I will say, I'm looking forward to reading that copy of "The Rice Paddy Navy" my uncle will be sending me.

OK...My Tags:
Cookie at The Cook's Shack
Bonnie at Simply Bonnie
Gayle at My Republican Blog
Lem at Hillbilly White Trash (but I get the feeling he ain't into these silly games!)
John at Alpaca Burgers
Pamela at The Dust Will Wait (Yes, I know she tagged me first, but I'd like to see what her answers would be to Patrick's tag!)

11 Comments:

Blogger Joubert said...

I enjoyed your answers to Pamela's tag. I guess your pullets have been reading "The Feminine Mystique."

I forgot about Hunter S Thompson. He was funny - especially Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

8/08/2006 2:43 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

double tag team? what am I tonya Harding. HA HA.

I'll be working on the book tag when I get home from work.

Lunch hour right now and I'm rolling.

8/08/2006 4:11 PM  
Blogger white trash republican said...

Pam...heeheehee. I'll be looking forward to it.

Patrick...ain't that the dangest thing? I've raised chickens on and off for 20 years and I have never seen a hen fight back! Of course, it was some big black Australorps that started doing that and the rest of a the gals followed suit. Guess it never occured to them they had an option! They'll be burning their nesting boxes next, I fear.
Always loved Thompson, but he's an acquired taste. But for some reason I just "get it."

8/08/2006 5:54 PM  
Blogger Gayle said...

Urk! You tagged me. I forgive you though because you are sweet!

I enjoyed your answers, and especially the one to living abroad! Heh! I thought the same thing but now I can't use it. Oh well... :)

8/08/2006 6:23 PM  
Blogger white trash republican said...

Sorry Gayle! I must admit, I'm not too overly fond of these things sometimes,too. And since my internet social life sadly reflects my real social life- I was hard press for names, LOL! So you got it.
It's always optional, y'know.

8/08/2006 7:21 PM  
Blogger white trash republican said...

Oh and the 'living a-broad' question, Heck I used part of Pam's answer too cuz it was just funny dangit!

8/08/2006 7:23 PM  
Blogger Lemuel Calhoon said...

You've made me think. My brain hates work.

8/08/2006 7:49 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

hey... you'll have to come check out my answers. None nearly as clever as yours. I have a difficult time staying on task. My mind wanders as I write and the reader has to follow me or get lost.
Where was I...
oh yea.. I did the tag.

8/09/2006 1:12 AM  
Blogger white trash republican said...

Thanks for being good sports, you guys.

8/09/2006 9:46 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

I LEFT ONE QUESTION OFF MY LIST...
So, I dropped by to give you the answer. I was pretty dead tired last night. Tonight I'm just pretty.

One book you'd want on a desert island: The US ARMY SURVIVAL MANUAL The alternative would be Boat Building: A complete handbook.

8/10/2006 1:55 AM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

Done!

8/10/2006 9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home