Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Art Imitating Life Imitating Art

As I drifted off to sleep at 3 am this morning, I saw and heard this in my mind:



















"You maniacs! You blew it up! Oh, damn you! God damn you all to hell!'"

(The last line in Planet of the Apes, spoken by Charlton Heston.)

*****************

To his credit, Talent, a class act to the very end, did give a humble and gracious concession speech. CNN opted to bail out when he dare invoke God and so I hopped over to a local channel to see the whole thing.

What really fascinates me is how close all the races were.
I'm still trying to assimilate all this at this early hour.
There were some curious results, statewide-like the stem cell thing passed, but the cig tax didn't.
Very odd.
I guess the reasoning was that we could continue to huff away on what are almost the cheapest smokes in the country and if we get sick, stem cells will save us.
Madness, I tell you...utter madness.

Gut reaction right now?
Ben Dover.
Nancy's got a big, fat "Nude Erection" for this country.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home