Saturday, November 04, 2006

Going Dark for the Weekend

Might as well, since I'm STILL in the dark for the most part anyway. (Yes, the ceiling light issue still is not resolved. Funny what you get used to, though. Long story.)

But quite frankly, I'm burnt to a crisp. My brain is gellifying. My whole being is wore out. I've had it with all of it and I know this weekend will be a total non-stop onslaught of madness. The campaigns are reaching their crescendo. The blood spurting shreiks of "Talent wants to KILL sick people" and "Clare lets old people die", all republicans are sex crazed, drug addled, transgendered pedophiles, all dems are drug addled sex crazed bigoted gays, this libertarian will kill this puppy if you don't vote for them and all the other hysteria that this season has become is just too much. My B/S meter is pegged and shorting out. Aside from some local races, I pretty well had my mind set on how I was gonna vote over a month ago. So, I've decided to enjoy this weekend. I haven't been able to do much visiting, so when I'm not hanging out with the younguns and attending to the other duties here at the shack, I'm gonna drop by some of my favorites and see how y'all are coping. Hopefully, you'll have some funny stuff up. Cuz lord knows, I need teh funny right now.

Y'know, I just realized something. This past month or so I've had a glimpse of what it must be like to be a lib every stinkin' day of their life! Waking up to outrage, seething with paranoia and rage. Seeing nothing but abject misery and rancor. Never, ever being genuinely happy about anything or anyone.
Scary.
I'd kill myself if I had to live like that everyday.
So, I must get back to normal, if only briefly, before that long night's journey into day come Tuesday.
Call it soul restoration.

See ya all on Monday.

You kids play nice, now.
Don't make me turn this blog around!

2 Comments:

Blogger Joubert said...

I agree. Have a peaceful weekend.

11/04/2006 11:31 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

my phone rang on friday and it was Robert Redford urging me to say yes

well... vote yes.

and yes.. it was a recording.

When a celebrity urges me to vote for something.. generally that cinches is.

I voted NO.

11/04/2006 4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home