Friday, November 24, 2006

The Mt. Home Bombers Make Their Macy's Debut


Even though it has become just too showbiz-y and phony in the past several years, we still watch the Macy's parade every Thanksgiving morning. Personally, I prefer CBS's coverage over NBC, but both have gotten just pathetic. But my girls like the overdone Broadway dance numbers that clog the first hour of NBC's coverage. But this year we had an incentive to watch: we had a local band in the parade! (well, ok, they're from a town just past the stateline in Arkansas, but relatively speaking, in this sense they are local.)

The Mountain Home Bombers marching band was one of the last bands featured, but the kids did good and I'm sure all these students had a trip to the original Big City that will last a lifetime.

If you did watch the parade and saw them, here's an interesting fun fact-
one of the tuba players is blind.

Yep, totally blind.

Here's the story, here.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pamela said...

I tuned in towards the end and believe I saw them...

I wasn't listening much to the commentary, tho - so if they mentioned the blind tubist, I missed it.

11/25/2006 9:29 AM  
Blogger white trash republican said...

No, the network talking heads are too busy making lameass quips, I'm sure they didn't know.
The blind tubist story was made known on local tv here.

11/25/2006 7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home