Saturday, August 11, 2007

That's No Lady, That's My Nanny Goat

TACOMA, Wash. - A man accused of having sex with a goat is scheduled to be arraigned on Friday on a animal cruelty charge. Charging papers say a witness saw 63-year-old Arthur Lawton having sex with a goat May 8th in a barn at Eatonville's Pioneer Farm Museum where he worked.

Lawton said he was trying to milk the goat.

Lawton missed a scheduled arraignment on August 3rd but turned himself in last night to Pierce County sheriff's deputies...


I think the ol' geezer maybe in the clear on this. As a former old goat tender myself, I have many books on raising milk goats and one long out of print tome actually does show an old method for milking goats that involves bending over the animal from behind and reaching under the belly of the goat to grasp the teats. An awkward stance to do such a thing, and of course it looks kinky as hell but it was a method employed back when goats were still half wild and smaller. Modern dairy goats are larger and taller and just about everyone uses the more common way of sitting next to the animal and milking them in a way akin to hand milking a cow.
Someone unfamiliar with the ancient way could very well be alarmed and shocked if they encountered it.
Of course, if there was no bucket and the guys drawers were undone...then he's just a sick, dirty old man.

2 Comments:

Blogger Educated Redneck said...

Great post and comments! Made me laugh out loud. I have a feeling I'm going to love going through your site. Keep it up.

8/12/2007 7:49 PM  
Blogger Joubert said...

Maybe I'll try that with one goat who insists on putting her foot in the bucket of milk - but I'll keep my pants on.

8/13/2007 10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home