Monday, August 06, 2007

MIA Brother: Update

Ok, so I finally worked up the gumption to call the sheriff's department over in the next county to check on my brother.
The dispatcher gal agreed it did appear fishy and she'd get a deputy out there.

About 40 minutes later the phone rings.
It's my brother.
He's laughing hysterically: "You thought I was DEAD!!!" he howls.

Bastard.

Well, what the hell was I suppose to think?? I ask him and begin to lay out all the evidence, the unanswered emails, the voicemails, the disconnected landline, etc.

He explained that he switched his phone to unlisted and changed the number. Guess he forgot to tell me.
As for the emails, he claims that he hasn't got any from me lately.
(Must be either a problem with his ISP or he's just b.s.-ing.)
He did admit that he had been especially more depressed than usual, hence the lack of contact.


At least he thanked me for being concerned, since he could have got hammered and hit his head or something. (He is prone to binge drinking, one reason I was getting worried.)

Oh gee, you're welcome, bozo.

Jeeeee-zuz Chree-eyist!

1 Comments:

Blogger Joubert said...

That's a relief.

8/08/2007 9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home