Monday, August 06, 2007

A Phone Call I Really Don't Want to Make

I don't mention him here, but I have an older brother.
While I was out having a life he opted to return home and stay with my folks. He cared for them until they both passed.
He recently sold their home in California, as per the directions in the will, and set out to find a place to live.
He traveled about the country and (as I knew he would) settled on a little place in a town near by me. I was the only family he had left...and most of the other extraneous relatives have cut off contact with him. (He is a very difficult person to get along with.)

Anyway, we have been staying in touch via email and phone and once he bought his house we went out to visit and bring the obligatory housewarming gifts. (crockpot, basic kitchen and bath items, etc.)That was July 12th or thereabouts. My last email from him was that Friday (the 13th). He was in good spirits, excited about his new home and community.

Since then...nothing.

I would call, get the machine and leave a message. My emails have been unanswered.
I tried his cell phone. Would get the voicemail.
I wasn't too alarmed. He would go into periodic funks and not talk to anyone. So I waited. By the 1st of the month he would get a hold of me. This has been the pattern, so far.
He hasn't yet.
So last nite I called him again.
The phone has been disconnected.
I'm getting worried now.

I'll have to call the cops over there to do a "well-being check".
I really don't want to because I have a very bad feeling about this.

It sucks to be me right now.
Quite frankly, I'm scared.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joubert said...

That is troubling. I'll say a prayer for you.

8/06/2007 10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home