Saturday, June 07, 2008

Thanks for Your Concern

To the many who have commented and/or emailed me wondering 'WTF, WTR?', here's the deal:

I R well. Really. The simplest explanation is, quite frankly, I have no time nor inclination to post right now. I'm single handily (just about anyway) trying to do the job of 4 people right now and dangit, I'm tired!

I optimistically began a project at the first of the year to rehab an old building and start a 'mom 'n' pop' type grocery store. All was well until my contractor bailed back in the end April-since then I have been trying to complete the job on my own. Spring heralds the busy season for builders, so finding a replacement for this scalawag was moot. I was on my own. This on top of trying to maintain a household as well with all the usual day to day stuff, like cooking, cleaning, laundry, minor upkeep and now, mowing, and tending to the needs of my kids, well...one can see where certain "luxuries" have to go to the wayside...this blog is one of them. So there you are. I'm multi-tasked to the gills. Heap on top of it the new logistics of trying to figure out how to anticipate what goods I will need from the local hardware/lumberyard well in advance to cut down on now expensive 40 mile round trip journeys to town and it's no wonder I'm stressed.

Another factor is our current situation. By 'our' I mean us as a nation. Over the past 6 months, somebody has been steadily upping the dosage of stupid pills and I can't take it any more. So much jaw dropping dumbness has been occurring that I can't keep up, let alone comment on it. So I'd rather leave it to the experts right now. (you know who you are.) I'm fed up. So my usual reaction to confounding madness is to withdraw and focus on my own situation...at least that I can have some control over and have a say in. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way. It can be quite tiresome to lose so much blood out of one's eyesockets on a minute by minute basis, to say nothing about the now regular daily head explosions. Seeing the country you once loved, cherished and admired collectively commit hari-kari knowing that nothing short of armed insurrection can stop it will do that to you.
(Why, yes, I'm pissed. Why do you ask? Aren't you??!)
The handbasket we've found ourselves in is beginning to get quite warm on the bottom. Gee, I wonder where we're going?

Anyway that's the short/long story about what's up. If anyone is interested, I do find time to whine about my store project here.

Until whenever, folks...seeya!

2 Comments:

Blogger Cookie..... said...

Ah Ha! Bout time we loyal followers heard frum ya Missy. I gotta say, a few of us were concerned about yur well being...

Just take it all a day at a time amiga, and if'n it weren't so fur away, me and the Mrs would be out there to Jesse James old stompin grounds, Missouri, to assist ya in yur project(s)...

6/07/2008 11:56 AM  
Blogger Lemuel Calhoon said...

I don't blame you for throwing up your hands and stepping back.

Also, good luck with the store.

6/08/2008 7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home