Friday, May 05, 2006

Not That I Can Add Any More...

..To the current Laffalalooza going on about Rep. Kennedy's little mishap,
but I just had a thought about a possible excuse- Ambien and some other new sleep aids have been in the news lately for alledgedly causing some folks to go on sombulastic eating binges-in other words, they raid the 'fridge while still being in deep sleep, they have no idea they are doing it until they wake up with, say, cake frosting all over their mug or crumbs in the bed.

Rep. Pat Kennedy admitted he was taking Ambien...so...maybe in Kennedys there's a genetic quirk that works in conjunction with Ambien and causes them to go on drinking and driving sprees, totally uncontrollably, rather than eating binges.

I'm not defending him, mind you, I'm just giving a possible defense...it's so damn looney,I wouldn't doubt they wouldn't at least try it!
In my neck of the woods, it'd just be called alcoholism.

4 Comments:

Blogger Gayle said...

Exactly, WTR. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree!

Although I can't say I never drink, I can honestly say I never drink and drive. I don't ever drink while away from home. How much brains does it take to understand that driving while drunk may be dangerous to your health? To answer my own question, it obviously takes more brains than the Kennedy's have.

5/05/2006 1:56 PM  
Blogger Joubert said...

Ambien is dangerous enough wohtout booze but he supposedly had a "few drinks" as well before driving. Excuse me, but can't he afford a taxi? If I can't afford a taxi if I want to drink with dinner in a restaurant, I don't go out.

5/05/2006 3:55 PM  
Blogger white trash republican said...

There is no doubt in my mind that there is somesort of self perpetuating curse on that bunch. I mean, c'mon, they gotta know the history and how NOT to behave to prevent misfortune, but it's like theres some little demon that compels them to do massively stupid things.
That and the fact that the family drills into their noggins that they all are 'special' will always translates into trouble when it is equated with 'above the laws of the common folk'

As for myself...I joke about boozin' it up now and then, but as a Mom I'm always 'on duty' so my wild days are done. I'm livin' on the edge if I allow myself a cold one about every 6 months or so.

5/05/2006 4:01 PM  
Blogger white trash republican said...

Patrick...Take a taxi? Are you insane, man?!
HE'S A KENNEDY!
They are masters of their own destiny...and guardrails.

Besides, 'other,lesser people' sit in those things.
Jeez.

5/05/2006 4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home