Saturday, January 05, 2008

Survivor: The POTUS Version

Hot Air's AP, (who doesn't try to hide his anti-Fred bias--ever.) has wrote up a series of possible scenarios for the primary season ahead.

An interesting read although all the nit pickin' details and strategies started to make my head hurt at this early hour. Much like trying to game "Survivor"-which I never watch because I can't stand trying to keep up with all the back-stabbing, sneaky dealings and gambits. That too, makes my head hurt. The commenters are going ape chiming in with their versions. But it is worth the read.

So what the hell? Since I strongly hold to the notion that God works in mysterious ways and what I think doesn't really count for nuthin' (but I'm still entitled to say what I think, for now anyway.)I'm gonna go out on a limb here, cut to the chase and give a short, sweet scenario I could live with:

By some odd stroke of luck McCain becomes POTUS with Thompson as V.P. (I came up with that simply based on their being chummy in the political arena in the past.)
6 months into the new administration, McCain suffers a debilitating stroke.
Thompson takes the reins.


Yeah....I could live with that.

I seen Fred talking to Wolf-boy on CNN yesterday afternoon and he admitted that they will probably do poorly in N.H. But he wasn't worried about that. Fred said -and I'm broadly paraphrasing here- 'Wolf, there's a whole chunk of country way to the south and west of there, and I dunno if you've noticed, but I kinda talk like all them there. We already have sent people to South Carolina...'

I think that's about as close to pandering I have ever seen Fred get. If you can even call it that (and someone will, I'm sure.) But it is the truth. Frankly, I love his accent...sounds like home. Even though I was born and raised in Southern California, my folks hail from Kentucky and south Indiana. His accent, drawl, whatever you want to call it, is a comforting cadence for me. It's what I heard all my life in my own home. Us folks here in Missouri, Kentucky, Tennessee,etc. all sound like Fred- even with the pauses and the 'umms' and the 'ers'-which the rest of the nation interprets as "stammering"- nope, that's just how we be. It's them Nawtherners like Guilliani & Romney who talk funny!

Anyway, looks like Fred's gearing up for the Southern Campaign and he ain't worried about New Hampshire. Neither am I.

2 Comments:

Blogger Joubert said...

Fred has said he's not interested in being VP.

Anyway I preferred your link to Iowahawk and that cartoon. :)

1/07/2008 6:23 PM  
Blogger white trash republican said...

Oh, I know that he has said that, Patrick. But since they were over there engaging in some intellectual make believe,I figured 'what the hell?'
As I recall none of their scenarios even mentioned Fred.

Glad you liked the cartoon. Sometimes even a blind pig finds an acorn. And that Iowahawk...lordy, I love his writing!

1/08/2008 9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home