Saturday, May 27, 2006

"Baron Munchausen to the White Courtesy Phone, Please"

The MacBeth saga gets weirder and weirder. I admit to following this pretty well 'dead horse' story simply because it intrigues me.
The only conclusion I could arrive as to why someone would attempt to pull off such a sloppy and easily uncovered hoax is that they have to be mentally unstable.
Well, here ya go- someone claiming to be MacBeth's sister (or at least half-sister) posted this comment on Q and O, who has been all over this story like a duck on snails. Here's the whole comment:

"I am Jesse’s older sister. Let me tell you...I am finally glad someone has finally discovered he is a fraud.

My brother went to army boot camp but got kicked out after four weeks for an inability to adapt to military life and was sent to a mental hospital in Georgia.

We grew up in the Arizona foster care system. Our mother is schizophrenic, a drug addict, and very abusive. Jesse spent the majority of his childhood in mental hospitals.

He convinced me back in 2002 that he was sick from Hep C and in need of surgery. I took him in. When I discovered that he was faking and stealing from me, I asked him to leave. I drove him all they way back to Arizona (I was going to school in California) and by the time I got back he had managed to empty my bank account, my roommates bank account, and charge up my credit card.

He somehow convinced people in Pima, Arizona that we got shot in the back in Iraq and his story just took off from there.

My brother is mentally ill. I don’t know where my cute little baby brother went or how he got replaced by this scary monster. I don’t know how to help him, so I had to stop contact with him all together.

At least now, maybe he’ll be forced to get some help and get back on his medication."



That comment has more of a ring of truth to it than any of his tales! Was it his sister? The commenters at Q and O expressed some doubt, only based on a pic that she has posted on her Yahoo profile. Like that's hard evidence. Easily discounted. How many of us actually put up our 'actual' photos on things like that?
I know some of us may have had experience dealing with the mentally ill, either through family members or friends or friends of friends. The one continous issue that almost always crops up with them is the matter of medication. Sure, once they get treatment and the meds take hold, they're functional, fairly rational and fine. But therein is the problem! Almost always, at least in my experience, once they get to feeling "normal" they get the idea that they can go off the meds! And the subsequent lapse back to madness can be far worse that the first! I've seen it too many times. My only question to her story is that if he had a history of mental illness, going clear back to childhood, then why did he even get accepted into Basic to begin with? I thought something like that would be a major red flag.

2 possible scenarios here as to the outcome of all this :
1) Someday, some how, some true Rangers will pay this loon a "courtesy call" and that will be the end of that. OR

2) He'll be "adopted" by Cindy Shehag and go on the summer speaking circut with her.

Here's the link to the page where "Amy" left her comment.

And then here's Q&O's
follow up on that, with updates and loads o' links.

If he is truly medically unhinged, then that would be enough to beat any possible charges he could face as a result of his little stunts.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joubert said...

I've just finished catching up on all the posts I did not have time for this week. You've been busy all right.

I'm surprised Macbeth is just a plain nut. I was convinced that he'd been taken over by a pod person from outer space.

5/27/2006 1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home